“Stunning”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$35.26*
and up
The View from The Shard Entrance Ticket with...
Buy Tickets Online
$48.85*
and up
The View from The Shard Dual Entry Day and Night...
$67.55*
Thames River Cruise Including The View from The Shard
Ranked #41 of 1,736 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The View from The Shard is the visitor attraction at the top of The Shard, the tallest building in Western Europe and London's newest landmark. At almost twice the height of any other viewing platform in London, it offers visitors spectacular 360 degree views over the UK's capital for up to 40 miles.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was visiting London to see my son and on his birthday we went up the Shard. The visit was well worth while as the view is extraordinary. It is a beautiful building and a lovely addition to the skyline. Well worth the price.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,528)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Visited the Shard as a birthday treat. Glad I went? - yes. Would I go again? - no. Although the views were amazing I think the whole experience would have been better if headphones were supplied (like they do at Empire State Building). Thought it was very pricey and a tad overrated. Thought the London Eye was a much better experience and value for money.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The booking was easy - no hassle. We turned up at the time slot which was fully booked, queue length was less then we expected, throught the screaning process much quicker then thought. Whole lift thing, lots of staff very well done - wonder if they will keep at this standard in a couple of years.. Then into the viewing area, really was great - had a buzz in the air with the other customers, London just looked amazing, the way the Thames winds out to east, the City.. Gift shop was very tempting, better quality then some but yes quite expensive.

1  Thank BarbieDollMe
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My Son treated me for a trip up the Shard and what a building it is. Its stunning from the outside, but just as impressive inside. Three lifts take you to first viewing gallery. Very friendly staff throughout, with useful information. Not the clearest of days, but still an impressive view, with the trains below looking like a boys train set and HMS Belfast like a model ship. Quite surreal. Then its a climb up a few flights of stairs would you believe to the second viewing platform. Can stay as long as you like, though no seats and I guess that's to encourage people to move on. I did purchase the photo at a princely sum of £25! Its a one off, so why not. Overall very enjoyable, but next will come at night and see London all lit up.
Following this, we went to the Oblix bar in the Shard. See my separate review. Most enjoyable.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We couldn't wait to comeback to London and go up The Shard. The view is spectacular and the timed slots to go up mean its not too crowded.

We went up at 8pm and managed to catch sunset, it was a perfect time as the light were coming on in London below and the sky was clear so we got a great sunset too.

My only gripe is maybe they could change the lighting so you get less reflection on the glass. But all in all it is a fantastic view.