Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience The View from The Shard
from $32.62
from $43.50
from $32.70
from $56.90
16,323 results
All reviews viewing platform glass of champagne green screen london eye london bridge station views are amazing time slot sunny day birthday treat borough market telescope tickets queue cloudy loo clouds visibility
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to View from the Shard in August 2013 at 7 pm. I wanted to see London in light, but also if there was a good weather the sunset and Lonon by night. I was extremly lucky, because the weather was fine and I was able to see sunset from this high! Even London was nice at day from there, I absolutely fell in love with this view at night, if you have a chance, go there at night, because it is complete different experience to see the breathtaking view at night than during day light. The only poorness was the fact, that I was taking photos for the whole day, and when the night began, my camera had low battery. Anyway, at the moment when it was dark outside, and I saw whole London with night lamps and so on, i knew I have to go there again. However, I didn't know when I am in London again, so the first thing I did when I came back, was buying tickets again...:-D So I went to the Shard in two days again, and if I'm in London again, it's a must for me to see it. :-)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We got vouchers to visit the shard as a gift. Apparently you need to book them 24 hrs in advance. To be fair this is clear in page 97 of the small print. However given that our friends paid £87, and it was a regular working Monday surely a polite call to Shard customer services would sort this out?! Unfortunately it didn't as 'rules are rules, you see'. We will go on another day. I look forward to a glass of Black Tower and a slice of Black Forest gateau to accompany the 1970's customer service. London is a great city but stuff like this is unnecessary, and dosen't bode well for the Shard. It won't be the tallest building for ever, and it's not the only view of London. Try hamster Heath or Crystal Palace and spend the money you save on a nice lunch.

1  Thank pixie006
RebeccaC223, Manager at The View from The Shard, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you feel that Customer Services at The View dates as far back as the 70’s. We do pride ourselves in delivering a 5* customer service and we are sorry that you felt that you did not receive this. Our Gift Certificates once purchased need to be redeemed by the recipient at least 24hrs in advance of a visit as the gift certificates are sold at the advance rate of £24.95. As you quite rightly stated this information is on our website albeit it is not clear. However, as a result of your feedback and similar feedback from other guests we are making this information more prominent on our website, tickets and gift certificates. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and apologies for the delay in replying. Should you have any further queries please do email our customer services team at enquiries@theviewfromtheshrd.com Rebecca

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Myself and my family enjoyed the whole experience, the lift staff were friendly, funny and helpful. Top marks guys!
The view was spectacular, we took my seven year old son as a treat as he has wanted to go for ages, he is a budding architect!
Great day recommend to all age groups, even people who don't do heights (I don't like heights) just don't look straight down, look out.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant new way to enjoy views of London. Efficient admission system and our visit at 11.30 am went smoothly. Spectacular views, best seen on good weather days and though not cheap, worth the money. Possibly interpretation could be improved but hey . . Enjoyed our visit.

1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The view was nice, but not amazing as I expected. I would not really recommend it for the price we paid to be honest. Would much rather go for such sightseeing in other countries. Personal opinion however.