“Awesome burger”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Walked past this burger gem off Oxford Street. Very lovely and juicy burger. They don't have too much food to choose from and mainly focus on their burgers, which is great!
The restaurant, (cafe) is small and expect to share a table (which I don't mind indeed).
Don't expect any service from the staff as its a self service place (please tidy the table after consume).
The quality of the burger is excellent, full of meat and juicy (medium rare) with vegetable.
The price is not too bad, the burger on its own is about £5, with cheese is 50p on top.
They have a meal deal include chips (nothing special) and a drink (cans, juice or water) for about £9. So overall the price is good for the burger on its own and may be slightly over price on the deals.
Strongly recommend this place and I would go back again.

1  Thank Ben L

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having recently been to Lucky Chip at Seabright where my burger was over-salted with giant granules which crunched, I was keen to try The Burger Joint.
We waited in "line" for a spot to perch for a no fuss burger and chips. It's a small space but it's fast food, innit? :) I went the meal deal.
Great tasting patties, not too loose and crumbly, right amount of juice, well cooked, decent bun, which held together well. Didn't fear I would get food poisoning. Fries were really good actually. Decent colour on them - which I take particular note of.
Love the amazing array of sauces and pickles. Loved the BYOB policy, will definitely go again soon. My friends agreed.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had read about Tommi's in the Standard and I was so keen to go! I took my boyfriend and we were not disappointed, the burgers were absolutely delicious, up there with the best I have had and I love my burgers!!! It is such a coll little place with a real American old skool vibe, we just loved it. Will be back again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Undoubtedly, the best burgers I have eaten too date. Strongly recommend the Steak Burger with Bernaisse sauce. Has a BYOB policy, so in case you fancy jostling in a crowded tiny space, sipping on vino from your personal collection, think again. More of a beer in a bottle kinda meal, kinda place!

And for those who haven't figured out the title - Tommi's is from Iceland, makes American burgers and serves them in London!

Thank God for shrinking 6 degrees of separation!

2  Thank MAdvani
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was the first of my five visits to burger bars in London. Tasty burger & chips meeting the demands of the new burger craze ! I need to return to enjoy the 'steak burger' which I am sure provides for a better meat taste than than the standard burger.

All the sauces you can imagine were available.