“Brilliant!!”
Review of Il Girasole

Il Girasole
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Girasole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,484 of 22,675 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Nottingham, England
“Brilliant!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We went here after realising it was ranked so highly on trip advisor & was only up the road from us. I was not expecting it to be quite as good as it was!!

We had a lovely warm welcome. Not rushed to order unlike a lot of other places. The resturant is small but not an awkward atmosphere you instantly felt comfortable.

For starter - I had the sweet & sour mackerel special & my partner the antipasti. For main we shared pizza & pasta. Probably one of the best pasta dishes I've had for a very long time. It was flavoursome without being full of oil or garlic - perfect. Finished with a tiramisu. All lovely!! And along with about 3 beers each all came to £50 - bargain!!

Can't wait to return & try more from the menu! Winner!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank shaven_legs

• Slovak first
London
“Good food, good service and friendly staff”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

A pleasant evening meal in this local restaurant both 1st courses were great and whilst my main course was stunning my dinner companions main course whilst tasty lacked the main ingredient, the fish, however when this was mentioned to the waiter the cost was immediately refunded. Definitely worth further visits.

“excellent restaurant”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I read the other reviews and was skeptical. I was wrong. This is an extremely good Italian restaurant with imaginative food and charming service. The introductory Tripadvisor question whether this is one of the best meals I have ever had is unreasonable. I am sure I have had better or more sophisticated meals but that is not the point. This was Italian family cooking of a very high quality for a very sensible price making for a good evening where all 4 of us around the table agreed we looked forward to another visit. The service from booking to delivery of the bill was friendly, charming and faultless.

“Very, very impressed”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Excellent menu and specials, excellent service, very good atmosphere and delicious food. Definitely a hidden gem in London. Would recommend to others and will returning soon.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous restaurant experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I suggested this restaurant to some friends based on a friends review and recommendation. It was such a lovely experience at such good value. We paid about £31/head which included starters, more expensive mains, two bottles of lovely wine, 3 desserts and coffee and dessert wines. The owners really want to please but without being overattentive. Living only down the road, I'm definitely planning on making a visit here a frequent occurence! I highly recommend visiting Il Girasole!

• Visited July 2013