“nice hotel but with thin walls and random breakfast arrangements”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #180 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“nice hotel but with thin walls and random breakfast arrangements”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights in this nice modern hotel. The room was clean and had everything you would expect. The shower was nice and spacious, although if you did want the toilet in the middle of the night the bathroom light lit up the whole suite. The walls are thin! And on our second night we had rather noisy neighbours! The staff are friendly but lacking in knowledge of their own hotel, we asked if we could have the continental breakfast (at a staggering £16) and a smaller option e.g just coffee and toast in the restaurant and were told no, we would have to sit separately, one at the bar!!! Overall we had a nice stay but were very disappointed with the breakfast fiasco!

2 Thank DrSin420
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am very glad to hear that you find our hotel to be nice and modern. I am also glad you liked our clean bedroom and the nice and spacious shower.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been offered the various options of breakfast we have and I we will retrain our teams on the options we have.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back for your next visit to us.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Long Island NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a beautiful modern hotel. We loved the location and all the high tech touches. 2 blocks from a tube station. Walking distance to the market near the London Bridge station. The pool was a nice addition as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind review.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights at the start of October half term week. 2 mins walk at the most from Southwark tube station, but some attractions such as Southbank and London eye are within walking distance anyway. Rooms are good - clean and modern. Liked the bathroom and rain shower especially. Breakfast very good with lots of choice. iPad table in the dining area and game area in lobby is good for the kids too. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was walking distance from Waterloo East station and Southwark tube station which has lifts from pavement to platform level...great with luggage. It took 40 mins to get to London City airport. Our room was modern, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was good as was the dinner we enjoyed there. It was good to see the children enjoying iPads provided for them in the dining room! The staff were helpful and friendly.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alys D
Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

After several hours delay at CPH airport (due to strike among security officers) I went to London in the beginning of September 2013.

My notes as follows:
Good clean hotel
Good clean room
Good breakfast
Hotel surroundings not especially exciting

Sadly - due to the delay at CPH airport I missed the dinner at Indian City (4 New Bridge St, London EC4V 6AA), but my colleagues we satisfied with it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here twice now ( 3 nights total) on business and I can't fault this hotel yet. I'm very honest with my reviews but both times I have stayed here I have been very impressed compared to other hotels I have stayed at in the area.

It seems to have a balanced mix of business and family travellers and caters well for both in my opinion. For the kids they have an array of technology including a dedicated iPad table (with 8 separate ipads) in the dining area and flat games table in the lobby. I saw a lot of families from uk and abroad who seemed content with the facilities and having two young children myself I would definitely consider this hotel to get some peace while still keeping an eye on them.

The hotel and rooms are spotless in terms of cleanliness and modern. The room has a great feature with a button that turns the shower screen from frosted to clear - so you can watch the main telly from the shower! Good free view channels and comfortable bed. Modern room with ironing board and good air con and heating.

The food was fantastic. I had the burger and wasn't expecting anything special from a hotel to be honest but it was seriously the best burger I had in ages!! Quality beef, freshly cooked bacon, swiss cheese, jalapeños on the side and a lovely home made relish, with chips. I am quite a burger conisuier but have to say its the best burger I've had. Lovely fresh bun as well which is rare!

Service on the whole was excellent and breakfast was good. The staff were very efficient and attentive throughout the stay.

Whole place is excellent and I'll be making reasons with my company to return! May even bring my wife on a personal trip and make use and fun out of the two way shower screen as well!! ;-)

Keep it up Novotel Blackfriars!

Room Tip: Higher the better in my option - quieter.