“Very Good except two things”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #120 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We've enjoyed so much of everything, except two things:
1. Breakfast buffet was the same everyday and not variable, so we didn't enjoy it at all.
2. Check in and Check out steps were horrible, especially at Check out. The receptionist has made a mistake. He has taken from us ( me and my sister) the amount twice ( I paid part of the amount Cash and my sister paid the rest amount with her Credit Card, and although I paid my part Cash he took it from my sister's Credit Card). He didn't tell us about that and we found out this by accident, when our bank send us a message saying that the total amount deducted from our Credit Card is ....., so we returned to the hotel again and really was horrible thing.
Big note: It'll be great if there is a bellman to take luggage to rooms, as after a long trip nobody will be able to take luggage by himself to rooms.

Many thanks and Good luck
Basma

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us. It is very much appreciated.

Every item on the healthy breakfast buffet is freshly prepared in the morning and at Novotel you will find the breakfast buffet to be same in every hotel. We are offering a large range of options and on request we are able to prepare anything the guest wishes.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience with regards to your bill and credit card. We are training our staff on a daily basis and I can assure you that I will address your concerns and prevent any re occurrence.

The bellman service is a standard for 5 star hotels, however I expect all my colleagues to always enquire if the guest requires any assistance with the luggage.

I am still glad to see that you find our hotel to be very good and we are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,524)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I came in the room and found a stain on the toilet, the towel was dirty, there was water on the shower floor and I almost slipped, be careful with the shower floor. Also, there was only one sheet left on the note pad.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Very close to the tube.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank gelalin

Thank you very much for staying with us and for reviewing your stay.

I sincerely apologise for your findings, but I am very surprised to read about them as the cleanliness of the room is always being positively commented on. We will take the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent any re occurrence.

I am still very glad to read your comments about our friendly and helpful staff and that you have enjoyed our central location.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

A wonderful hotel in a very good location. We traveled to London for a large cycling event. All the staff were extremely helpful, with a special mention for the duty manager Salem. From bicycle storage, over 4am breakfast, to having a quick shower in the leisure facilities after checkout after the 100-mile bike ride - no request was ever too much. Thank you so much! The room was clean and spacious, and the kids loved the pool facilities. Big up!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

It gives me a great satisfaction to read you feedback following your stay with us and I appreciate your 5* rating.
It is very nice to read your comments about your pleasant stay and that you find our staff to be absolutely wonderful, friendly and helpful at all time.
Thank you very much for your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Laura Gonzalez
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2013

nice hotel ,very good location .Walking distance to train / tube ,the London eye ,Big Ben .Breakfast was excellent ,lot of variety.Well worth the money spent .Also there was many halal restaurants within walking distance .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

I am very happy to read your great review here on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your feedback.

It is also great to see that you find our hotel to be nice, to be in a very good location and you have enjoyed our excellent breakfast.

We are really looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to us.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It looks great on web . The pictures are snazzy and highlight the bright rooms with modern facilities.
I arrived late afternoon to be checked in with the rudest and most surly receptionist ever ! . I am Platinum Le Club Accor member - I might has well have been from Mars !! - it didnt matter - although it was obvious as I had booked through the Accor site. No recognition , no upgrade no smile -a standard room was my accommodation. The rooms are fairly spacious but decor is a bit 'contemporary plastic' though not unpleasant - they will however not be fashionable in a very few years. The bathroom is great and spacious and well planned. Pool and sauna are good and a real bonus for a London city hotel. Breakfast was OK and not too pricey at £15.95 - reasonable selection and nice bright restaurant. Location is very good with great selection of restaurants within 200 metres and bus stop/tube station outside door. Maybe if I EVER decide to stay again I will use the efficient electronic auto checkin ( It might have more personality ! )

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jfitsim

Thank you very much for staying with us and I would like to sincerely apologise for your experience upon arrival.

Our receptionists are trained on a daily basis on our service standards and behaviours towards our guests and I am surprised to read your comments, as this is always being positively commented on. I can ensure you that I will personally address this with the whole team and check that all training taken place is up to date, as well as assess and re inform everybody about the benefits for LeClub Accorhotels Members to our team.

I am still very glad to read that that you find the bathroom to be great and spacious and you have enjoyed our swimming pool and saunarium. It is also great that you find the breakfast to be reasonable and the restaurant to be nice.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance and for that I would like to kindly ask you to contact me directly, as I would like to discuss your stay in detail with yourself. Should you be coming back to London in the meantime, please feel free to contact me as well and I will personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Pleasant newly built Hotel (2012) with a fantastic staff.
And that extends to lobby, restaurant and the bar.
The rooms are quit big with a mothern touch. Its only a stroll from the south bank and a perfect start on the day after breakfast, is to take this walk and experience London next to the river.
Perfect for familys and business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am extremely satisfied to read that you had a perfect stay and you find our hotel to be perfect for families and business.

It is great to see that you enjoyed our big bedrooms with a modern touch and you find our staff to be fantastic.

We are really looking forward to welcome you back for your next stay with us.