“Good Price, would Recommend!”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #148 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were looking for a reasonable price family hotel close to Londons attractions. We were happy with the hotel, rooms were clean, comfortable beds, modern bathrooms, my kids had fun with the frosted/ clear bathroom windows. Not as easy to get to from Leister Square/Covent Garden as hoped but there were closures on the underground so that was what caused the delay the time that we stayed. Not much in the area outside the hotel, if you use the nearest Southwark underground it looks like a rough area when arriving but saying that there was no noise or problems and the hotel itself was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay in our hotel and I am very glad you would recommend our hotel.

It is great to see that you were happy with your stay, the clean bedrooms, the comfortable beds and the modern bathroom.

There are newer reviews for Novotel London Blackfriars

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed September 1, 2013

we had a great time in this hotel. It is brand new and the staff are excellent. My children were in love with the foggy window button between the toilet and bed area. What fun and great value. Very nice pool area and perfect location for what we needed. thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am very satisfied to read your great review and I am happy to that you had such a great time.

It is also nice to see that your kids enjoyed the glass between the bedroom and the bathroom and you have enjoyed our very nice swimming pool. I am particularly grateful for your comments about our excellent staff.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked the hotel online through a third party and obtained a discount.

Highs:
- excellent location, perfect to access the South Bank
- hotel is new, modern and well equipped
- room itself was modern, clean, very spacious and had excellent facilities. The bathroom was modern and well equipped. Very comfortable bed. Safe. Tea coffee making facilities. Excellent wifi and connection points for phones/laptops etc
- Apple macs for use in reception. Electronic games for kids/big kids

Lows:
- hotel did feel a bit impersonal but not a big issue
- The self check in/check out was a bit of a pain

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you very much for booking with us and I am glad you have chosen our hotel for your visit to London.

I am sorry to read that you experienced some lows and I am very surprised to read that you felt the hotel was a bit impersonal as this is always being positively commented on. I have forward your comments about our self-check in and check out to the front desk team to ensure that all reservations are correctly prepared, as it can be very helpful during very busy periods of the day.

I am very happy to read all your comments about our excellent location, the modern, spacious and clean bedrooms and that you have enjoyed our excellent facilities. It is also very nice to read that you liked our very comfortable beds and the free Wi-Fi.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed August 31, 2013

While I barely remember looking at the room; but I do recollect that it was a good property... Checked in an hour past midnight and directly crashed in to the bed. The checkin experience could have been better... Despite having made a prior reservation, the counter-staff nearly took 1/2 hr to check us in and I recollect losing our cool for a moment.
Had a morning meeting at Windsor for which I had to wake up early... Checkout process was comparatively quicker and the staff at the front office was quite courteous. They kept our bags at their facility until we returned from Windsor to proceed to Paris. Overall experience was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review and feedback following your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that your check in experience could have been better and I have since addressed this to the front desk team to ensure a quick and easy arrival to all our guests.

I am glad that the check-out made up for it and that you find the front office staff to be courteous and your overall experience to be good.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Novotel Blackfriars for one night in August 2013 while on business and found my stay to be very pleasant.

Check-in staff were efficient at getting through all 20 of my colleagues when we arrived on mass and were helpful later in my stay when providing information on the gym/pool facilities.

The room was a good size, clean and had all the amenities you would expect. The bathroom had a large walk in wet-room style shower (with enough space that it didn't splash the rest of the bathroom).

Breakfast was ok, nothing special, and possibly the only let down. Cooked and cold options were available but the quality was so-so and there was a general lack of flavour. The staff seemed more interested in seating us at a table with an integrated iPad than getting tea/coffee.

The pool was particularly nice, looking recently refurbished. It's a good size at around 8-10m and has a large video wall of an underwater sea scape down one side. The 'saunarium' was new to me and very relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2013
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us and I am very glad that you had a pleasant stay with us.

It is very nice to read your comments about the check in staff working efficient and ensuring a quick and easy check in for all your colleagues. It is also nice that you liked the good size bedrooms and bathroom and you had all the amenities you would expect.

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast did not meet your expectations and I have already forward your comments to the Food and Beverage team and we will take the appropriate measure to address your concerns.

I am happy to see that you have enjoyed the swimming pool and you have relaxed while using our saunarium.