“brilliant hotel !!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“brilliant hotel !!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

we were only here for 1 night but from the moment we checked in to the moment we left all the staff were friendly and helpful, we dropped our case off in the morning and then went back at 2 pm to go to out room which wasn't quite ready but by 2.20 we were in our room which was small but well designed and had everything you needed. We asked for a late check out which they gave us so we went for a swim and breakfast. Will defiantly stay here again when we are down in London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am thankful for your great 5 star review and very pleased that you find our hotel to brilliant.

It is great that from the moment you checked in until the moment you left the staff were friendly and helpful at all times and stored your luggage free of charge until your room was ready.

I am also happy that you like the well-designed bedrooms and that we could offer you a late check-out.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dronfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

If we visit London again, we will be SURE to stay here again. Perfect location as 2 minutes walk from the tube station. Great for kids. Clean and lovely pool. The staff were really helpful. We were able to leave our luggage early on the first day and also on the last day. Thank you !

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am very happy to read that you had perfect stay with us and I appreciate your fantastic review.

I am very satisfied that you enjoyed our perfect location, that you find our hotel to be clean and great for kids. I am also pleased that you loved the pool and your comments about our very helpful staff are a pleasure to read.

We are offering a free storage of the luggage for every guest on arrival and departure, should the room not be ready to be occupied before 2pm.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to London.

Rovereto, Italy
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice hotel in a very strategic position, but not enough employees to attends many hosts.
In 4 days stay, three times we spent in average 20-30 minutes to have seats available at the breakfast. The last day I was told I should have had breakfast before 8 am!!! Knowing I was in vacation with my children I think it was a very brilliant suggestion.
What surprised me was the reason for such long queue: not enough waiter/waitresses to clean or set tables!! It would have been to hire few temporary employees to solve the issue.

4 Thank Paolo0862
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for review your stay and I sincerely sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations.

During the Easter holidays, school holiday and on weekends we are experiencing a high numbers of family’s in the hotel and for that the breakfast is always very popular, mostly between 8am-10am. We are ensuring that our guests are informed upon arrival and I apologise if you have not been told.

I can ensure you that there are sufficient numbers of employees working on a daily basis and that all management is daily on hand to assist all our staff and guest with the service to ensure a smooth operation.

I will forward your solution to our Food and Beverage department and I am sure that this will be greatly appreciated.

We hope we will be able to welcome you back for your next visit to London and please contact me directly and I will personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

A hotel at a perfect location and rooms. But a hotel is not only beds and a place to sleep. It is a total experience. To wait 20 minutes for breakfast is not adding to a total experience. For this hotel to reach the level of the rooms and location, it has to do something about service at breakfast time.

1 Thank Stefan F
Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us.

I am sorry to read that on this occasion we were not able to meet your expectations and I can assure you that we are working every day on improving our services and therefore I appreciate your feedback.

During the Easter holidays, school holiday and on weekends we are experiencing a high number of family’s in the hotel and for that the breakfast is always very popular, mostly between 8am-10am. We are ensuring that our guests are informed upon arrival and I apologise if you have not been told.

I am still very glad you have enjoyed the location and bedrooms and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel.

Liverpool
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed here twice, once on business and once for pleasure, on each occasion for two nights.

The location is excellent for both business and pleasure. Although south of the river, a short walk takes you to Fleet Street, the Strand, Covent Garden and beyond in one direction or Ludgate Hill and St Paul's in the other.

The hotel is still relatively new so that taxi drivers do not always know where it is-be very clear about the directions so that you do not go to the wrong hotel.

Reception was very professional. I had a luxury room on both occasions, with a balcony and a view of the Shard. Worth it, especially at weekend when the rates are cheaper.

The room and bathroom were excellent. Breakfast was the standard Novotel breakfast bit arranged in a breakfast area with some innovative seating arrangements.

Overall this would be one of my top choices for a London stay-very clean, modern, relatively quiet and with very smart and professional staff. I hope it stays as spotless as it is at the moment-if so you should not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The higher the better-and if you can get a room with a balcony, do go for it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am extremely grateful for your very nice review of your stay. It is much appreciated.

It is great to see that you find the location to be excellent for both business and pleasure, that you liked our bedroom and bathroom and you that have enjoyed the view out of our balcony rooms. I am particularly satisfied to read your comments about our very professional reception and the overall smart and professional staff.

I am very satisfied that you consider our hotel to be one of your top choices for a London stay and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Exellent location: 20 mins walk to Big Ben, but not noisy.
Hi-tech allover the hotel, new, modern.
Service with a smile.
Swimming pool is a bonus.
Breakfast and dinner buffet style, but Excellent quality and choice, definetly value for money in London. Good choice of wine.
Everything is new and spotless.
Would definetly go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I am very satisfied to read your fantastic review about our hotel and I appreciate your 5* rating.

It gives me a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the excellent quality of our breakfast and Dinner buffet and that you liked the good choices of wine.

I am particularly happy that you find the service to be delivered with a smile and it is nice to see that you enjoyed all our modern and new technologies.

We are really looking forward to welcome you back for your next stay at Novotel London Blackfriars

Burton On Trent
Reviewed March 31, 2013

When we arrived we were met by a very professional reception, lovely manner and very knowledgable. Behind us were free computers (macs) with free printing . In to the lifts we went and as a token of secure the hotel was - you could only move up or down with a valid key card. Room was amazing / minimalist with a great view of the London eye. Huge shower - my wife loved the ability to frost / defrost the ensuite glass. Nice sized TV with plenty of channel. Tube stop (Southwark) only 1 minute walk. We were allowed to check in a hour early and Checkout a few hours late for free. This was good as we used the pool - with clever digital wall and had chance to walk to the Tate - only 5 mins walk. Breakfast very good value - anything you could ever want and clean non greasy fry up. Only 1 tiny disappointment (barely noticeable) the sausages were a little undercooked - made up for this with the veggie sausage.

Room Tip: We had room 901 - had the view of the London eye and furthest from the lifts
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to read your review about our brilliant hotel and I appreciate your high recommendation to others.

It gives me a real pleasure to read your comments about the very good value of breakfast and I can assure you that we are checking daily that all our food is processed and cooked according to the Health & Safety regulations.

I am also very glad to read that you were greeted by a very professional, with lovely manner and very knowledgably reception and you were happy with our facilities such as the swimming pool and the I macs in the lobby. I appreciate your comments about our amazing rooms.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.