“Overnight Stay on Business”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #130 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel hadn't been open long when I stayed over. It's fairly close to our London office so I thought I'd give it a try.

I found checking in a little slow and tedious with lots of questions and waiting for the computer to catchup because "it's on a go slow". However the rest of my experiance was brilliant.

The rooms are really stunning, up to date TV and numerous ways to connect your iPod, Laptop or any bluetooth device to the TV and audio system. The bathroom is all glass fronted whixh kind of concerns you when you can see the toilet from the bedroom !! but clever electric frosting glass soon puts your mind at rest.

The bar area is nice although there is not extensive seating. The drinks are ususal London hotel prices so take care not too charge too much to your room. The only food I eat in the hotel was breakfast which was very nice - again though seating can be a problem if they are very busy.

I didn't use the healthclub but from what I saw it looked good. Checkout was a lot quicker than check in.

Will definately be staying here regularly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I am thankful for your great review of your stay and for your 5*rating.

I appreciate your comments about our check in procedure and it is great that you brought this to my attention, as it is valuable feedback for us.

I am happy to read that you find our bedrooms to be stunning and that you liked all the possibilities to connect your media devices, such as our Media Hub. I also very glad that you liked our nice bar and the very nice breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next stay.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,390)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Benefits of staying at hotel: excellent breakfast, courteous and attentive staff, 2 minute walk to southwark station to go straight to Bond Street on Oxford Street or Houses of Parliament. If you book the standard room when you get there see if you can upgrade to the Executive suite. Well worth the money. Hotel manager Lario was helpful and considerate to me and Thomas at the front desk is always smiling. Nothing is too much, if you ask, it gets done. A woman in the lounge was having dinner when her battery ran out on her ipad, a staff member ran over with an international converter. Phones in front of the elevators on every floor if you need staff. We locked ourself out and a member of staff was there within the minute. Food is gorgeous three course dining with professional French-trained staff. Ipads on dining tables for the kids. Pool was great. Cannot fault this hotel, the service is extraordinary, thank you Lario for making our stay memorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am extremely satisfied to read that you have enjoyed our excellent hospitality and your stay. Thank you very much for your detailed feedback following your stay with us and for rating our hotel so highly.

I am happy to read that every member of the team delivered an extraordinary and attentive service and you have noticed how much we care for our guests. Especially our always smiling Thomas and of course Ilario who made your stay so memorable.

It is great that our excellent breakfast and the gorgeous dinner were at your satisfaction.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back for your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Novotel with our 2 children (3 and 5) and had a wonderful time there. The room was ideal for a family of 4 (1 double bed + 2 singled beds) and very comfortable. The facilities of the hotel are very modern and the swimming pool was great. The breakfast was delicious with a lot to choose from. The free wifi worked very well which makes it a good option for business travellers. I am not sure I agree with having ipads available in the Dining area but it is up to each parent to decide if they want their children to play during dinner or not. The hotel was great value-for-money, especially by London standards, and very conveniently located for the Southwark Jubilee Line station and Waterloo Station. We would strongly recommend to anyone booking into this hotel (the staff is very friendly and approachable).

2  Thank Britfr0g

Thank you very much for your feedback, following your stay with us.

I am glad that you find our hotel to be very good and that you had such a wonderful time with us. It is great to see that the bedroom was ideal for you to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children and it was very comfortable for you.

I am also happy that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast, the great swimming pool, the free Wi-Fi and that you find our staff to be very friendly and approachable.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to London and I appreciate your recommendation.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We saved money by shopping around and stayed here with our five year old for a weekend in London. Great location within walking distance of lots of attractions. Everything was perfect from the bed linen to the shower, the helpful friendly staff and delicious breakfast. We used the indoor heated pool and were the only ones in there. Towels and toiletries were provided. Bed was very comfy and bed linen felt sumptuous. A bed for our five year old was already made up.
We ran out of tea bags so phoned reception and a staff member brought some up to our room within minutes. Staff were helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again but would recommend you shop around to get a good deal, otherwise a bit pricy.

Room Tip: We had a superior double for a family of three. It had no bath but a luxury walk in shower. Although...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your great 5* rating here on Tripadvisor and I am very satisfied to read that your stay was perfect in every way.

It very nice to read your comments about our friendly and helpful staff, the delicious breakfast and I am very happy that you have enjoyed the bedrooms and the indoor heated swimming pool.

I appreciate your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Everything you expect from a top hotel. Clean, modern, comfy beds etc. Quiet and very good location. Swimming pool small but ideal to relax in. Breakfast top notch, can't think of anything bad to say about it. Would stay again. Free wifi which is a real bonus.

2  Thank Chemken
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I am extremely pleased with your feedback and the 5* rating about your stay. It is much appreciated.

It gives me great satisfaction to read that our hotel is everything what you expect from a top hotel. Also that you find our breakfast to be top notch and the room to be clean, modern and the swimming pool ideal to relax.

I am happy that you have enjoyed our free Wi-Fi offer and that it was a real bonus for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to London.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Room was spacious and well equipped, bed really comfy and service good at all times. Didn't use many of the amenities (swimming pool etc) but would say it was good value for money. Would definitely recommend it if you want a 4 star hotel near the centre of London

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your feedback and review here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you had a comfortable stay and that you find the room to be spacious , well equipped and the bed really comfy.I am particularly happy that you find the service to be good at all times.

I appreciate your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.