“Great Staff”

Ibis London Blackfriars
Ranked #251 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

First ever stay in an Ibis (booked for me by work). Booked late during London Fashion Week so paid over the odds - approx £180 for a night. At that price I wouldn't consider it great value. However, between £100 and £150 it would be reasonable value for money.

The hotel is 5 mins walk from Southwark tube. There are shops, bars and restaurants nearby at The Cut which were buzzing on a Wednesday evening. Check in was efficient and friendly. Receptionists were helpful and well trained. The bar and restaurant had a good atmosphere but the music was too loud for me after a long day so I went out and bought some food to eat in my room as there was no room service. You could order at the bar and carry a tray up to your room if you wanted to. Area felt safe for a lone female and I walked to and from The Cut without any concerns in the evening.

My room was spotless and contemporary and the design very well thought out. I had everything I needed to hand. Lighting in the room was excellent - something hotels rarely get right. The pod bathroom was unusual - not sure if I liked it or not - but was functional. Shower was spacious with plenty of hot water and the mirror and lighting in the bathroom superb for applying make up.

Breakfast was an uncomfortable experience for me as it was a but of a free for all. There weren't any free clean tables so I had to perch at the bar. There was plenty of variety but the quality wasn't great. I wouldn't bother with breakfast again.

I would certainly consider staying at this hotel again when visiting London.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MmeBarbes
Ibis London B, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Janine, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to provide here a detailed feedback. I am really pleased to see that the Ibis brand and the Ibis Blackfriars in particular have exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to welcome you !
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for business and very impressed considering what I was expecting. Rooms basic but good and decent bed and tv - shower hot and powerful although the bathrooms are quite small. However what really impressed me was the restaurant. My steak was excellent - well presented and tasty and actually rare! Friendly staff and helpful. Buffet breakfast a bit chaotic in that it is find your own seat but good choice for type of hotel and I guess its a question of getting there earlier! Plus free wifi that certainly met my needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ibis London B, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Karen, I was really pleased to hear that you had been impressed by your stay in the Ibis London Blackfriars. Among others, thank you for having highlighted the quality of the food served in our Fogg's restaurant. It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you soon again !
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very clean and good use of space. Good size room for a budget hotel. Breakfast good value. The location was good but a long walk or taxi to the main city. Staff were pleasant and couteous and overall a good quality hotel which is clean and offers good space.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your positive review following your stay in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you soon in the Ibis London Blackfriars !
Manchester
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for work and was very impressed with this hotel!

The decor of the reception and lounge was very modern and swanky! It had very pretty and comfortable chairs, a reading reception are, comfy leather sofas and a very nice restaurant area.

The room was basic but perfectly adequate. Standard ibis set-up, with a comfy double bed, large bathroom, flatscreen TV, kettle and drinks and roomy cupboard space. I was very impressed with the size of the room, considering this is Zone 1 London!

The location is fantastic, only 5 minute walk from Southwark tube station. I did not have a chance to explore the local area, so I can't comment about nearby restaurants/shops etc. Free Wi-Fi was fantastic!

The breakfast spread was quite varied - hot breakfast, croissants and pain au chocolat, cold cuts, fruit and yoghurt, cereal, nuts and seeds, toast, bread and crumpets. The only negative about this hotel would definitely be the quality of the hot food. Unfortunately, it was very disappointing and I couldn't really eat it. However, because there was a decent variety, I did not really miss it!

Staff were friendly and helpful overall. Security was good as you had to use your keycard for the lift. I was particularly impressed with the touch keypad, very convenient! Housekeeping wasn't fantastic and I could have done with the room a bit cleaner, but nothing I lost any sleep over.

Overall, I was very happy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ibis London B, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you so much for having taken the time to share with us a detailed feedback about your stay in the Ibis London Blackfriars. Thank you as well for having brought to our attention some valuable points of progress. I will for sure share them with the rest of our team. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back in the near future !
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Modern hotel that has new feel. OK Ibis doesn't waste time on individual arm chairs, shampoos and shower caps in the room, but this is not on my radar. I chose it for its excellent location for striding out on foot or catching the nearby Southwark tube (Jubilee Line). Was able to walk to Covent Garden in just 15 minutes over Waterloo Bridge.

Was surprised there is a great restaurant and local pub culture too. You can feel safe here too (I was amused to see other tourists wearing backpacks front ways which this area doesn't warrant).

£8.95 breakie worthwhile too.

In summary, great value, clean, free unlimited wifi and excellent location. Could use a room safe though.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was placed on 11th floor at the back with views of Charing Cross statio...