“Would stay again & recommend to others”

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #238 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Would stay again & recommend to others”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The room was very clean and had everything you needed. The only odd thing about the room is the bathroom which is kind of like a capsule embedded in the room. I was afraid the toilet may fall out of the wall! But I can't fault it in any other way. Accommodation is VERY expensive in London so the IBIS provided everything I needed at a good price, good location (very close to the train station), wifi in the room, tv, comfy bed, phone, clean & modern. If you just need a nice place to stay without all the frills (like gym & pool etc) then this is excellent. It's London, so who is going to be hanging out in their room anyway?!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am so glad you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can welcome you back again to the property in the near future.
Damien LERCHUNDI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fareham
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were given an extremely warm welcome by Mylene (I hope I have spelt this right), she was very friendly and informative. The room was ideal with everything you need for a weekend , tea,coffee facilities ,hair drier ,TV etc. this hotel is great for The O2 and shopping and easy access to London via the Tube. The breakfast is good value but my only criticism would be there can be limited seating if busy, it would also be a good idea to have a place for guests to put trays of used crockery as the staff were extremely busy and not always able to clear the tables. This is not their fault as they are very busy greeting guests, taking payment and general running of the buffet. We were greeted on Sunday by Cynthia who was again very friendly. All the staff we met were a credit to the hotel and could not have been friendlier or more helpful.

Room Tip: Any room as their policy is they will put right any problems in 15 minutes
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KCHUT
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Basic but very clean and great value. Very close to Shepards Bush O2 which was purpose of our trip. Coffee could have been better and one small towel each was insufficient. But would definitely stay in this hotel or use this chain again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis London Shepherd's Bush again very soon. Kind regards,
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed March 19, 2013

In this hotel you don't feel like being in London. It has nothing similar with London hotels in that price range and even double higher. The hotel is new, clean and I finally a double rooms are allocated to single person. You don't get that in London under 200GBP. I have changed so many hotels in London and was always angry when checking out as I did not get that what I paid for, but this one I left with happy face.
I will be definatelly coming back. And, I would recommend it to everybody who does not want to spend money on London shabby and overpriced hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Eastleigh
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a room booked in Nov 2012. On arrival I was allocated a disabled room (not disabled btw) but figured it was due to room availability. On pulling back the sheets of the bed found mold all over the bed sheets, which is unacceptable, especially in an almost new hotel.

Went down to reception who quickly allocated me another room, this time a regular room, which was perfectly acceptable. The bathroom was slightly claustophobic but something to expect. Bed was very comfortable, room temp was an issue however as the heating was on full with no ability to switch it off.

Overall it's okay for a one night stay, but wouldnt recommend it for a longer holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mcmeme
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location of the hotel is very convenient as it is a close distance from bus and underground stations and also the Westfield shopping centre.
The rooms are the same standard as all the Ibises, clean and user friendly. However, the design of the reception and the bar area is more modern.
Free Wifi available throughout the whole building.
The check in and check out was very quick and the staff was helpful during my stay.
I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After travelling across Europe, London were our last pit stop. Stayed here for 5 nights. A definite place to stay if we are to travel to London again! .. Quiet and Cosy rooms, comfortable and clean. Staffs was friendly and very helpful for directions. Walking distance to Westfield, tubes. We ate the same breakfast throughout our stay but hey the mushrooms are super nice ... : ) .. But 1 thing i would like to address, the room is a bit cold during night falls even when we raised up the temperature of the air con. Hope you guys can work on it. Overall 9/10 .. Cheers

Room Tip: 3rd floor right to the end. A prefect room of 2 if travelling with 2 families. They do have an extra...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Don H
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis London Shepherd's Bush again very soon.