“Not authentic French”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Really disappointed with my dinner last night. The menu was claiming to be French but the food was far from it. My steak tartare was poorly seasoned, it was not a steak tartare but raw mince meat. The bouillabaisse was a bad joke! I thought may be they had served the wrong dish. It was also extremely uncomfortable as the waiters continually brushed past us as there was limited space between our table and the over sized bar. Waste of my time and money.

8  Thank MollieArchie

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Visited the restaurant with my partner on a Friday evening. Pleasant decor and helpful staff. Menu is not long but it is an excellent collection of quality dishes. Just loved everything from starter to dessert. Can highly recommend this place.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm local to hear and had driven past many times. Decided to head there one fri eve for dinner with my boyfriend. Staff very helpful, friendly but not at all pushy. Menu was really impressive. I wanted everything! Quality of food was great. Really fresh and flavoursome. Decor is nice. I'd definitely return. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I thought this place would be good but it exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was upscale, cosy and not pretentious. We were well looked after by our servers, who were diligent without being overbearing. A unique and light gnudi and a warm terrine started us off on the right food. I thought I didn't like terrines but I loved this one. The main course was a hearty fish dish, well valanced by the sides. The standout of the meal was the rabbit, which was perfectly cooked and complimented by roasted tender swedes. Amazing. Although full to bursting we managed to share a chocolate tart with anise creme for dessert. Overall great value for money and Camden Brewery on tap! What more could you want? :)

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited last week on a busy Saturday. After a warm welcome, I was seated at a table next to the window, and while I was waiting for my girlfriend,I had a conversation with the waiter whose knowledge about music and art got me thinking that I perhaps need to do a bit of reading myself. The dinner was amazing, starting with a tangy steak tartare followed by an amazing gnudi, which was light and fluffy. Since we were too full for dessert they even gave us cognac, which was served in a most elegant fashion. Loved every second of it.