“Be prepared to scale the dizzying heights of disappointment”
Review of Altitude 360

Altitude 360
Ranked #696 of 1,695 things to do in London
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We paid £370 for two "VIP" tickets to Altitude 360's 2013/14 NYE event and were disappointed to say the least! I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say I wouldn't recommend hosting a special event at this bar if it was the last place in London. While the venue had potential it was not reached in any way and we definitely felt as though our hard earned money (£370 + £140 for drinks + £2 for coat check) was not spent making our night an enjoyable one!

2  Thank Sarah_Grant_684

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I agree a 100% with all of these emails about how disappointing the NYE event was. My husband and I paid a lot of money for the tickets and it was definitely not worth it, at all! It really felt like our money went down the drain. With the amount of money we paid, we had the reasonable expectation that a certain amount of organization and effort would be made to make the event both accessible and enjoyable. To be charged to check your coat was ridiculous and then to be given drink vouchers only good in the room without seating where you were served food required to be seated to eat.

But, I cannot believe you made us wait outside for almost an hour, in the cold (without any heaters), just to be able to get in and wait in another line! It was extremely disappointing and horribly unorganized.

It was a big scam! And, the website false advertised what the NYE party would be like!
I expect a refund!

1  Thank stephanie h
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wondered where to see 2014 come in narrowing our choices to New York City, London or Amsterdam. London prevailed.

Altitude 360 aka London Sky Bar seemed the perfect high end choice based on their website's venue & event descriptions, which turned out to be nothing more than slick marketing. Venue is great, then a rock bottom fall from the Sky.
New Year' s Eve (12/31/13) two VIP entries were about £420-more than $700. Guests had to stand up without any tables to eat cold food; bars were on 29th and 28th floors yet no cocktails (hard liquor, wine, soda); only elevator music played while hundreds of guests stood up in undecorated, furnitureless rooms 8-10 people deep for 3-5 hours in front of the windows awaiting the fireworks.

A few guests who apparently drank but could not hold the hard liquor vomited on the floor. Thanks to 4 inch heels I was able to see the fireworks. The no dress code event was an unorganized, unclassy disaster!

London & Mayor's fireworks were great! But don't waste your time or money seeing them from Altitude 360/London Sky Bar. The event planners (term used loosly) should be embarrassed by their utter failure.

1  Thank tgistskinner
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I rarely comment on these pages but i have made an exception due to the terrible NYE with Altitude 360. What a massive rip off and a huge mistake!?!

We realised that we would have to fight for a view of the fireworks with other unhappy customers in the sky bar, so we gave up and went outside to Vauxhall Bridge. We watched the fireworks in style for free in the street where the vibe was much better. Shame on you Altitude 360!

2  Thank Lydia M
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went there on the night of the lord mayors fireworks...
Missed the display but hey view was amazing food was great but al a carte so don't expect much of it.... Funny friendly staff.... Would def go again