“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #189 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I enjoyed staying two nights at the Mercure London Greenwich in March, the staff were very friendly and helpful and my evening meal was lovely. The room was immaculate and really comfortable. My only issue was breakfast, it was cold, but when I reported it to a staff member I was immediately refunded and they were full of apologies. Was a good hotel and I'd stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am really glad to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your meal. I will speak with chef about the breakfast and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Mercure London Greenwich looks brilliant, contemporary style, convenient rooms and nice public areas. Somehow you can smell, that the everything is brand new. But this is the end of the fairy tale, I have experienced the worst service from hotel staff ever. Zero recognition, and you feel yourself less welcomed, when the receptionist is asking security deposit from you, because "there was a case, when the TV was broken in the room." Dear Mercure Greenwich, I have never broken a TV, and I have never felt so humiliated in a hotel in my life, except in yours. You forgot to ask me at the check-out how was my stay, but my answer is here: terrible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cobachka
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay in our hotel and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies if the check-in process was not as clear as it should have been. The requested pre-authorization or swipe of your card on check-in is a normal procedure to guarantee open credit to your account in case of any incidentals. I can assure you that the front desk team did not mean to offend you and I am very sorry if it has come across like this. I hope this situation has not marred your trust in our hotel and that you will give us the chance to welcome you back soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. The staff were fantastic. Lovely welcoming, nice smile and they all helped us . Breakfast was very fresh and staff fantastic attitude. The duty manager was very helpful as well. She changed our room when we asked for a bigger room.

Room Tip: The design of the rooms are fantastic. Specially the shower was very powerful.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest, I am truly delighted to read that you had a great stay. The team are delighted with your praise and we hope to see you again very soon.
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights at the hotel. Staff are excellent and friendly. I booked to have evening meal and was a little disappointed. It was ok but nothing special and wasn't cheap. Breakfast however was very good.
My only issue was no biscuits in my room ?? This is a first as all hotels give you biscuits.
The beds are extremely comfy and I had a really good sleep. I think you are better off being on a higher floor as on check out customers on lower floors were complaining about pipe noise waking them very early.
Convenient for walking into Greenwich and trains and tourist attractions.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted you had a good night’s sleep and that the team looked after you well during your stay. Glad you could benefit from the hotels convenient location for Greenwich and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed in this lovely hotel in Greenwich, but none of the taxi drivers could find it. It is in a small side street, very quiet location. The hotel rooms were large by UK standards, average to small for Australian standards. The bathroom was very roomy and well appointed.
Within walking distance to the light rail system which gets you onto the underground and London. It is pretty close to the Greenwich Village, either walking if youre fit or 3 train stops if youre not. If you only want to go to London, not Greenwich, then probably stay somewhere closer to London.
The breakfast was great, as was the restaurant for dinner.
the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. See you on your next trip hopefully.
Bologna
Reviewed May 13, 2014

An elegant restoration of a former police academy, the hotel has nicely furnished (and reasonably large, for London) rooms. Excellent comfort of the bed. Good views. Sparklingly clean and large bathroom with big shower. Good, friendly service.

The only cons of the restoration is the non perfect sound isolation. I had a room on the back, facing the air conditioning systems. Even at the third floor, the humming of the fans was clearly audible inside the room.

In conclusion, I would certainly recommend this very good hotel--an occasion to spend some time in Greenwich with its village atmosphere, and with very good connections to the center via DLR.

The surroundings towards Deptford Bridge are less pleasant than those towards Greenwich.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. It is fantastic to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am so sorry that you could hear a humming noise coming from the air-conditioning units and I can assure you that we are currently trying to find a solution for it. Hopefully, we can welcome you back sometime.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay here and found it to be very nice, comfortable and friendly. We didn't pre book breakfast but there was a deal on at the hotel that if you booked the night before you only paid £10 - this was well worth it - everything was nice apart. The location is OK - a short walk from Deptford DLR and about a 15 walk into Greenwich. My two niggles are - no biscuits with the tea tray in the room and the teabags were not replenished either and this morning at 8.10am the house keeper was knocking loudly on all rooms on my floor and eventually got to my room- I was awake but was in no rush to be up and out of bed so begrudged answering the door to her and when I did she just said OK and walked off!!! When I was ready to leave at 1030 I quickly popped to the toilet and as I was in a room to myself didn't bother closing the bathroom door - and next minute the same lady is knocking and entering again - check out is 12pm so I am now feeling like they want me out of the room so they can clean it etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with the exception of the disturbances caused by housekeeping for which I would like to sincerely apologise. I have shared your comments with the executive housekeeper and we will ensure this will not repeat in future. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.