DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Odessa Wharf(London)
1,928 results
All reviewscutty sarkdeptford bridgeprivilege roomdlr stationroyal observatorymaritime museumlovely hotelminute walkglass doorafternoon tealondon skylinequiet locationair contop floorbooked this hotelreception staffa lovely stay
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This 1940's building was originally designed to provide accommodation and training facilities for police officers working in Greenwich. The conversion to a hotel, completed in 2013, retains the external shell of the original building with some of the internal architectural features. It can be found on the boundary of Greenwich and Deptford (the Deptford Bridge DLR stop is nearest to the hotel). The building is set back from the (very functional) main roads, which means you can get one of the quietest night's sleep in London. It's about 50 minutes by public transport to the West End (DLR / Central Line) but the sights of Greenwich and Canary Wharf, and entertainment at the O2 are within easy reach.

The standard rooms are of reasonable size - with a frosted glass panel and door separating the shower room from the bedroom. Complementary bottled water and wifi were in the immaculate and well maintained room. Lights and aircon can be controlled through the TV menu! No bedside radio, but otherwise, everything I required in a hotel room was present and in good working order.

The restaurant is in the basement - and served a decent breakfast (against a virtual fishtank projected backdrop). A flood closed the ground floor bar on my second night, but the staff dealt with the situation professionally and with humour.

Everything was clean, tidy, and presented with an eye to the style of the building. Staff were welcoming and helpful. This is going to be one of the few hotels in London at this price I'd be delighted to return to!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank keitharrowsmith
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was enjoyable. It is wonderful to read that we are one of a few hotels in London you would like to return to. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very pleasant, clean rooms. Spacious and up to date. Great location near the DLR. Easy to get to the O2. Food was very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel was modern and had a nice atmosphere. Easy to visit Greenwich which is a great part of London to see. Well worth a trip

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest, We are delighted with your kind review and pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've never written a review before, but i felt compelled after my 5 star experience at this hotel, due mostly to the above-and-beyond assistance of one hotel employee in particular. I recently stayed at the Mercure Greenwich for a full two weeks. It was the PERFECT location for my needs. As it turns out, I ran into a problem the day before flying there...a lost bank card! I called this hotel to ensure my reservation was still ok. I was helped by Nicolas, who was not only very pleasant to talk to, but helped ease things by even setting up a taxi service to pick me up from the airport!! For me, this was VERY impressive. I've never met a more helpful person at a hotel before...so refreshing. :) When I arrived, Nicolas assisted me with anything I needed, from local recommendations to even providing me with US/UK plug converters. I also noticed that he is multilingual (English, Spanish, French, etc), as is most all of the staff there. Many of you will find something like this helpful, I'm sure. Although the front desk area was unusually small, the staff was always fast and attentive. The room was very modern, which I loved. I wasn't wild about the open shower thing, but it was definitely sleek and classy. The atmosphere was clean, relaxed, and exactly what I was looking for! I highly recommend this place. And thanks again to Nicolas! You are great!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest, We are thrilled you had a great experience even before you arrived at the hotel and many thanks for your superb review. Receiving positive feedback such as yours is always a great pleasure to read. I am glad that Nicholas was able to assist you and made things a little bit easier for you. I will definitely pass on your comments to him. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my Nan when visiting London to take part in performance at the O2.
The hotel was clean, bright and modern. The staff were friendly and even let us check in early.
Breakfast was a good. Clearly labelled and a lot of food for gluten free diet and also a lot for people who try to eat healthily, low fat yogurts, plenty of fruit etc.
It is about 5-10 minutes walk from the DLR station and took us about 30 minutes to get to London Bridge Station. Approx 15 minutes to the O2. A taxi back from the 02 just before midnight was £12.
Very convenient for people visiting Greenwich - Cutty Sark, Maritime Museum etc. Took us approx 20 minutes to walk as far as the museum.
If I was in need of staying in that area of London again I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were the second room in from the reception area and heard no noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, We are delighted we made you and your Nan feel welcome and that you enjoyed staying with us. Glad you could benefit from the hotels well placed location, with many attractions such as the O2 and the Cutty Sark on the doorstep as well as fantastic transport links into central London. We hope to welcome you back soon.