“Great value for money”

Ranked #174 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great value for money”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel almost every week since january. The rooms are not big but nice and "warm" modern. The decor of the room is very pleasant and some good thinking was done, I especially like the glas doors from the shower with the history graved in it. The staff has shaped up and has the right balance of service and are very kind. I think the reception desk is the only thing which is not really great, 2 peopl at reception at 1 1/2 square meter. I was lucky to get an upgrade once for 2 nights at the penthouse which was wonderfull and really view and spacious. The restaurant is good value food and with an even better wine list and very kind staff. The Bar and chill out area is very nice. The area around the hotel is not great yet but is in restauration and very close to the DLR train station.

Room Tip: Try to book the 2 upper floors rooms really AMAZING!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest, We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback. It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and we appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Cheshire
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel is in a nice location, the lobby is nice and the hotel staff are all helpful and friendly. The problem I have is with rooms.

The first room we were given was tiny and dark (as it was in the basement and had a very small window high up in the wall)... the smallest room I have ever seen in a hotel, with a chair and lamp both placed to make it hard to exit from the room without knocking into something. The TV remote was broken, so we were moved to a much nicer room - still in the basement though. It was quite large, nice layout etc. and there was some light through the windows as there were two of them.

My problem with the second room was mainly the sound of the aircon and the sound of the plumbing from other rooms which kept me awake. Also, the door let lots of light from the hall in (this probably wouldn't have been such an issue if I wasn't kept awake by the noise though). Also, the ensuite was a wet room, which was nice, however the water didn't drain as quickly as the shower sprayed it out, so we had to use towels to prevent water getting into the bedroom.

This may have just been bad luck with regard to the rooms, so just check whether the room you book is in the basement.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend a basement room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy this experience. If you consider us again book a privilege room, these are more spacious and located on floors 8 & 9 with panoramic views across London. I have noted your comments regarding the shower and A/C and have passed your feedback to the maintenance team. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and it is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at in the London area. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and delivered top class service in a great location.

Our room was on the 8th floor and had spectacular views of London.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and have an upgrade to the 8th or 9th floor - the views of London are superb.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is always such a pleasure for me to read about the experiences our team members are creating for our guests, and I will be delighted to share your kind words with them. I am pleased that you enjoyed the spectacular views from our privilege rooms and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. What a great find! Fabulous decor, great service, wonderfully comfortable, and really helpful staff. Attention to detail was quite remarkable and the only problem I had was noise from fellow guests who were up early and talking at full volume whilst waiting for the lift. The food in the restaurant was delicious and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts as the noise of people talking whilst waiting seems to go straigh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your great review. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our staff really helpful. We encourage our guests to tell us about their preferences; we will do our utmost to fulfil guest’s needs to make their stay a memorable one. We look forward to welcome you back and to hear your thoughts after your next stay.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We arrived on Friday after booking a travelodge in Woolwich, and the air con was broke, so phoned the Mercure, and yes they had availability and fitted us in a family room. We were in Greenwich for my brothers wedding. We arrived and the room was ready in 15 minutes. WOW!! is all I can say it was huge it was a suite on the ground floor with a view of a small park. It was a fab room. When we had breakfast I asked did they have any gluten free bread I was expecting a no, but the lovely waitress said oh yes I will go and make you some toast, fantastic service yet again. We had a small area of the bar reserved Saturday evening for my brothers night of the wedding and nothing was too much much trouble, the bar staff were excellent, the staff on the front desk couldnt be more helpful. Definitely will be coming back to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cmseasman1
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bristol
Reviewed July 26, 2013

A bit tucked away, this hotel is 2-3 minutes' from Deptford Bridge DLR station and a couple of stops from Greenwich Maritime, for access to Cutty Sark etc. The welcome and check-in were friendly and efficient; the room large with big glass-fronted shower room/WC with excellent toiletries and fluffy towels. The glass is printed with historic dates about Greenwich. Tea/coffee making facilities good. I didn't have breakfast or eat in the restaurant so can't comment on those. Bed was firm and comfortable, with good seating area/desk and accessible plugs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that the team made you feel welcome. We hope to welcome you back soon.