“Every dish we tried was excellent”
Review of Rocco - CLOSED

Rocco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rocco was born from our passion for good food and fine dining and from our will to open a place where the high tradition of Italian cuisine blends with the pleasure of experimenting, thus creating everchanging menus enriched by the dishes of our table. Our Food Boutique offers a fine selection of hard-to-find Italian specialties such as extra vergin olive oil, honey, farmstead cheeses, Parma ham and other traditional salumi (cured meat) and, of course, wine.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Vitello Tonnato was as good as I've had. My friend (with Italian family) raved about his bean soup; meat balls; roast potatoes & tomato sauce with my pasta. Staff have genuine passion for their food and took genuine interest in customers, taking the time to talk us through the produce in the attached delicatessan. Home baked cakes looked very enticing but we'd run out of space. We'll certainly go back. Outdoor seats would be great place to watch the world go by.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have eaten at the restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. Good food, attentive service and a warm and friendly atmosphere. And very inportantly for London, not expensive.

1  Thank the3dman
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Friendly welcome into modern - cool industrial - space.
Knowledgeable staff.
Black pappardelle with scampi in pesto sauce, rucola salad with parmesan shavings (generous) and a cheese plate (overly generous - requiring a second glass of red wine...).
Will be back!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is bewildering that this restaurant has so many good write-ups. I eat out several times a week - often very cheaply - and cannot recall ever having a worse meal.

The chairs seem to have been taken from a school or community hall. I’m tall and my back was hurting after five minutes.

I ordered bresaola as a starter. The meat was hardening and curling around the edges, suggesting it may have been cut and left out for some time. I suspect the rucola was supermarket rocket out of a plastic bag. I thought the parmesan tasted non-descript. The dish cost £12 for ingredients that may have cost less than £1. The equivalent dish at Caraffini, another Italian restaurant in the area, costs less and is of unquestionable high quality.

The wine, as recommended by the waiter, tasted watery. Frankly, the water was the best part of the meal.

For my main course I received a plate of deep fried, greasy seafood with even greasier, soggy fried vegetables. One of my friends had veal; I got to taste a bit. Well, “ate” more than “taste”. If it had travelled from freezer to oven – and maybe it had – it could not have been more tasteless. The chips were greasy.

One of us had the risotto. She said she liked it, but was sick when she got home. Not necessarily caused by the restaurant's food, but I wonder. I spent the rest of the afternoon hovering near the toilet feeling very clammy. Again, not necessarily caused by the restaurant's food, but we had eaten different things for breakfast.

My impression is that our waiter didn’t really want to be there. We didn’t risk dessert. I felt there was a contempt for the customer in terms of the quality of the ingredients and preparation, the pricing and the service.

A waitress serving another table smiled at customers but, other than that, I have nothing good to say about this place.

7  Thank ddd007
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After wandering around Earl's Court looking for dinner we found Rocco's to be a wonderful and delicious restaurant. The wait staff was great as was the food!! We highly recommend for travelers and locals...