“Quirky and Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of House of Wolf - CLOSED

House of Wolf
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: House of Wolf is a multi-functional, multi-sensory experimental pleasure palace, dedicated to the creative pursuits of dining, drinking, art and entertainment. Stimulating events, theatrical cocktails, unique dining experiences and contemporary art & sculpture, are on the menu 7 days a week. Bespoke fittings, artwork and sculptures comes from the likes of Circus Kinetica, Emerald Faerie and Lee Broom, plus a wide range of contemporary art on show from the likes of Damian Hirst, Samuel Wood and Tracey Emin.
“Quirky and Fun!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a great time at House of Wolf last Saturday.

The food was good and really unusual - especially the dessert (some sort of popcorn infused sponge) and we loved the quirky decor and the sing song guitar guy that played at the end of the evening.

We couldn't get into the Apothecary though as there was a big booking so we'll be coming back to try that out next year. We were however served cocktails at our table and those were really strong and tasted great.

Many thanks to the team who was on duty that evening - it really was good fun!

Laguna Niguel, CA
“Great night out!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had a wonderful meal at House of Wolf the other night. Great concept for a restaurant...makes you want to come back to see what is new is the world of cooking in London. Cocktail list was great and the wine we had was reasonably priced for a good bottle of Malbec. It was the first night of the new Christmas menu and although there were new and unique things on the menu for me...I love food so I dove in with no inhibitions. I really enjoyed the beet root salad with chicken skin sauce and the Christmas themed partridge. A few things could have used some more salt but overall the service was lovely and this place has a cool, funky vibe. I'll be back next time I am in London...it is a little bit of a long haul from California!

London, England
“Nothing Like the Dining Experience You'd Expect or Want”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our son booked a table at House of Wolf and kindly asked us to join them. There were six of us.

He said it was a dinning experience - that it was - unfortunately, however, not how one would think it was meant to be.

We booked two vegetarian meals, three no shellfish or pork and one standard meal.

Our starter was four tepid, no not even tepid, quails eggs on a plate with a bit of salt !!!

The next course of fish was fine and the following duck dish, which took forever to arrive, was small but quite delicious.

The beef, which also took a long time, was fine. Although not having a decent size portion, nor any carbohydrate, I doubt it went anywhere to filling my husband or sons.

The vegetarian main course was a few mushrooms, albeit expensive ones, scattered on a plate, with a few straws of something.

In between all this I did ask for more bread, which was delicious - as we were waiting such a long time for the food, we were all starving.

Due to the portion sizes, the food took seconds to eat and forever for the next course to arrive.

As for dessert, the whole thing was really quite insulting. I dont think I have ever actually been shocked by a plate of food put in front of me in a restaurant before.

A large plate, with a minute "arrangement" to oneside. Four tiny cold pieces of pan perdu, four tiny pieces of apple, a splog of something on the side and a slice of raw apple not even having had the core removed properly. This really was most unacceptable. Pan Perdu is not expensive and to serve a decent sized piece, even just half a slice of brioche, would have certainly looked better and impressed diners more.

To charge £45-00 plus service for this "diining experience" I find totally unacceptable.

I actually came home and had a piece of toast !!!

2 Thank henry-londonmarbella
London, United Kingdom
“House of Wolf - Blanch and Stock”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The decor is great, the drinks are really interesting, the staff are helpful. All these bits are definitely excellent - and I would recommend going to the apothecary part of the venture for a cocktail, or to the downstairs bar for a drink.There was definitely an interesting theatrical element to the place.
However, the food - cooked by the main resident cooking company - is really a big let down for the price.
The cooking is interesting - with a few unusual but tasty dishes being mixed with some fairly revolting experiments which should never have made it onto a plate. But the portions are miniscule - to the point where you leave hungry and with a feeling of having been slightly fleeced by an entertaining and distracting smoke and mirrors act.
The cooking felt experimental, with touches of interest value, some tasty elements - but faddy and inexpertly conceived. Dessert was a small circle of apple puree with one slice of apple a smear of quince sauce and three dice sized cubes of brioche.
Interesting dining experience - which definitely gives you something to talk about - but definitely not one that I will repeat (for the food at least).

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Hal_Ldn2012
“Nice cocktail bar”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The cocktails are very nice and the cocktail menu very extensive, I do regret that they dont have crushed ice though. After 8.30pm, the music gets quite loud, so it's not great for long conversations. Staff is helpful, smiling and polite

Visited November 2012