“Great place for good Mexican street food”

Wahaca Charlotte St
Ranked #1,071 of 22,857 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Three converted Georgian terrace houses in the heart of Fitzrovia make up Wahaca Charlotte Street, which offers award winning street food in the restaurant, a tortaria market shop stacked full of hard to find Mexican ingredients and Wahacito - a takeaway deli for lunch on the go. Head upstairs to the Mezcaleria cocktail bar for post-work or weekend drinks, available for parties and private hire.
Upminster, United Kingdom
“Great place for good Mexican street food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Although everytime I come to Wahaca there is a huge queue (I really wish they'd start taking bookings) it is worth the wait. The atmosphere is great and it is a good place for going with friends. The food is served as and when it is ready and the food is very good quality. We loved all of the dishes we ordered and there is nothing in Wahaca that is yet to disappoint me. The drinks are good too, especially the cocktails. Also I don't know what they put in their guacamole but it is the best I have ever had. Service is good too, if a little rushed as it is always so busy but all the serving staff are smily and friendly. Highly recommend a night out at Wahaca and I will be coming back for more.

• Visited December 2012

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Awesome Wahaca breakfast....”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been meaning to try Wahaca for years now but have never managed to get it right and most of the time it is insanely busy. We thought we could get round this by trying breakfast which I believe is only available at this branch of the restaurant on Charlotte Street.

We ate on Easter Sunday, there were only three other tables in use when we arrived which makes me think the fact they do breakfast here might not be that well known. On arrival we received a friendly greeting and we were sat in the front on a two table which suited us fine although we could have done with the room on a four seat table.

Service was fine if a little slow which seemed strange as it wasn't busy. This did give us plenty of time to look over the breakfast menu though which in the end turned out to be a good thing.

I had the Breakfast Burrito with Cheese, Spinach and Avocado and the Bacon Toast (more like a Bacon Roll) and my Wife had the Sweetcorn Fritters with Brindisa Chorizo and Avocado Toast. The food was excellent, very well presented and immensely tasty. The Chorizo which came with the Sweetcorn Fritters was amazing. A Latte and Orange Juice completed the order and the final bill was just over £25. Not the cheapest breakfast but one of the tastiest we have ever had in the UK.

I can imagine this place buzzing in the evening and there is a bar area upstairs as well (definitely worth checking out the toilets as well!!!).

Overall, a great experience and highly recommended.

England
“Great food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have had some great lunches here (and i make sure i always leave room for churros and chocolate!) and can recommend Wahaca, Charlotte St as my favourite of the chain. Went here again and tried the fantastic breakfast/brunch menu on a snowy Saturday. Mexican hot chocolate at its most sublime, fresh OJ and great Origin coffee with huevos rancheros, Mexican eggs with sides of chorizo, great! Great food cantina style and whenever we have been there are always great staff on duty

Ireland
“Loved it!!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We walked through a very wet London to get to this place, but it was so worth it. While we were waiting for our table we had a drink in the bar upstairs....highly recommend the Tempranillo :) Our server was very friendly and happy despite the late hour, the food arrived quickly and in true Wahaca style - as it was ready...the portions were just enough...and did I mention the vino? All yummy, and highly recommended.

Newquay, United Kingdom
“"Good value and different"”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I were not sure where to eat so we looked on the restaurant guide and this restaurant came up. It just so happened that we were in the Samuel Smiths pub opposite. When we went immediately we were greeted with a smile and a hello, and then taken to a table by the window. The waitress was very helpful she went through the menu with us and we choose the street food selection for two. This gave us 5 tapas dishes which were mainly vegetarian but all very tasty and different. We asked for the dishes to be spiced up and the waitress got us a really hot chilli sauce and a bowl of fresh chills. All this was less than £20 great for a restaurant in the centre of London. My husband ordered a chocolate cake with peanut butter ice cream, not normally a sweet person myself I was tempted to have a spoonful, what a joy it was amazing never tasted a sweet like it, I really recommend you have this sweet. I went upstairs to the toilets and was pleasantly surprised as this area was decorated with soft furnishing and a very relaxing area for an evening and great for a large party of friends. I recommend if you are in the area then give this restaurant a go.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Wahaca Charlotte St? Share your experiences!