“Tasty chargrilled burgers, steak and pulled pork!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bukowski Grill

Bukowski Grill
Ranked #2,230 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty chargrilled burgers, steak and pulled pork!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit hesitant to go here as I am an avid Honest Burger fan but being local it seemed wrong not to try it out..

I went for the pulled pork and my boyfriend had the Fat Gringo (making a pact to share) this was a good choice as both were delicious! The burgers are lovely and chargrilled and I loved the homemade condiments. The pulled pork was very tender and well seasoned and was served in a generous well stuffed bun.

I can't fault the beef dripping chips but personally feel they lack something compared to Honest's rosemary salted fries.

We took some friends a few weeks after and tried the burger of the month and the steak while they had the pulled pork and a fat gringo burger - the food was equally as good as our last visit and they were jealous not to have this on their doorstep. The only slight low was my friend ordered a glass of red wine which was terrible - and we are no connoisseurs! - in fairness they did take it back (twice) she gave up in the end and ordered the fresh lemonade - v good.

I would struggle to choose between here and Honest Burger as they are both excellent!

london
“Another contender for best burger?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was on my way to honest burger but they were closed for redecoration, decided on Franco manca for a za and saw Bukowski and someone tucking into one of their burgers. Decided to forgo the za and ended up eating a superb burger which to be honest I felt was markedly better than Honest Burger. This will now be my go to place for burgers in south London, very pleasant enviroment and no queuing a la meat liquor. Probably the best burger in London right now!

Paris, France
“Burgerlicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a new 'pop' up burger place in Brixton Village. Granted, there are more pop up places than not nowadays, but they are still cool for me. I'd read a couple of reviews about this place and was concerned that I should've just stuck with Honest over this one. Especially when I rang to make a booking (not really expecting to be able to) and was told I'd just have to wait in the queue - Honest take your number so you can go off for a drink, then give you a drop-call when they've got your table. But the queue actually wasn't silly long at all. The waiter would've done well in a Good-looking-Jesus competition and, along with his Spanish accent, did a superb job of disproving my theory that waiters who don't write your order down always get it wrong. And that's including lots of variations on the menu that we went for.
Between us we had ribs, a steak sarnie, a "home-made" burger (pick your own) and a Fat Gringo. Pretty tasty, I have to say. The Fat Gringo had jalepeno mustard in - being a bit of a wuss when it comes to spice I asked how hot and Spanish Jesus brought out a scoop for me to taste. That sold it to me. The ribs were perfect - soft with amazing mariade. Steak sarnie perfectly cooked with more good spices.
I save the chips to last. This is because they are, like Spanish Jesus, heaven sent. Cooked in beef dripping. I have since been reliably informed that this is how they are cooked "up north". Oh my. Just go for the chips. Now, I don't share food. So was a little distressed when we only ordered two large helpings of chips between four of us. I needn't have worried. It was ample.
Just go. It's delicious. Oh, and good wine too.

London
“Another good burger in Brixton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Initially found the purist (pure burger nothing extra) rather bland but my next visit they recommended the caramelised onion and stilton mix topping - and I'm now hooked. May be a bit of a rich combo for some but I love it. Their chips are also to my liking and i'm hard to please with chips. haven't tried any of their non-burger fayre. Very pleased to have them on my doorstep.

• Visited September 2012
London
“busy but good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Happened to end up at Bukowskis while out hunting for lunch on Sunday.

The place was packed but still the staff was very friendly and did their up most to seat us and even managed to find a table outside.
We each ordered the burger of the month and was asked how we wanted it cooked. Mine being medium rare and by friends medium....both burgers arrived overly well done. By the time someone finally came around to ask how it all was we had already managed to get through half our burgers and declined the offer of a new one.

Even though this was unfortunate it was a lovely meal yet maybe slightly overpriced. I would however still recommend people to try it out and I am sure I will be back in the near future for another Sunday fix.