“Delicious real Greek food”

The Real Greek Covent Garden
Ranked #587 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The restaurant caters for Covent Garden's mix of locals, tourists and those who adore the theatre and opera, serving a delicious selection of Mezedes, freshly char-grilled Souvlakis and Sharers. We have a private room downstairs in the restaurant that can seat a maximum of 14 people, if you wish to make a private booking.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We were just passing on our way to find an Italian restaurant when we found The Real Greek . We ordered the 'Peloponnese' set menu for two at £29.75. It was great the way that the plates of meze were stacked up a tiered metal rack and plates were added and removed as necessary. All the food was delicious, we ate everything, the service was great. It is part of a small chain of 6, all in and around London. We found it so good we had lunch at another branch two days later and we were only in London for three days!

The Greek Sundae dessert, while perhaps not really traditional, was to die for at £5

The negatives are that there is not a lot of room, so it won't be a good idea to call in with lots of shopping bags and due to no soft furnishings, the noise levels just from people talking was very loud. If you go to this branch and want a quieter experience, my tip would be to be ask for one of the few tables in the basement, we didn't know they were there when we sat down, it seemed much quieter.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I booked a table at the Real Greek based on its location near Covent Garden and good reviews. Initial impressions weren't fantastic as they are redecorating and there was quite a strong smell of paint - I have to say that's the only reason I didn't give it a 5. Everything else was really good. We had a mixture of hot and cold meze, which arrived quickly and were delicious. Particular highlights were the dolmades, the falafel, the Lamb Kefte and the chicken skewers - but everything was good. The people working there did a great job of looking after us and the bill was very reasonable indeed. I can't wait to go back and take my family.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

This little gem,sited in a former pub, delivered fantastic Greek food and atmosphere....the staff seem genuinely pleased to be serving you and ensuring your enjoyment.Thanks to the delightful Mario and colleagues for making my birthday celebration with the family a really fun occasion.

3  Thank Paula R
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I adore Greek food, and this did not disappoint! I've been twice with my mum and had lovely service and delicious food. Dipping the flatbread into all the wonderfully flavoured sauces is heavenly! Really love this place, will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Delicious authentic Greek food, vibrant atmosphere and very helpful and friendly service. Very good value for money

1  Thank Netta C