“Are you a member of the crispy duck club? This is the place!”
Review of The Good Earth

The Good Earth
Reserve with OpenTable
The Good Earth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,886 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It reminds me of the scene in The Blues Brothers when the go the Fried Chicken joint to persuade the bass player (who runs the joint) to come back and join the band - they're getting the band back together don't you know:)

This place first opened in central London in Kensington and I remember going in the 70s with my parents and low and behold, 35 years later they open around the corner!

Tonight it is crispy duck a dish designed for English tastes apparently (reference needed). To be a member of the crispy duck club there is only one rule - only cripsy duck and steamed vegetables allowed!

1  Thank jimloveuk
There are newer reviews for The Good Earth

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had dinner here with my wife as our date night. We have been here before and the staff are excellent, friendly and polite. We had starters, mains and desert with,a bottle of Pinot Noir with our meal, total cost was £110. Not cheap but we left feeling we got good value.
We will be back.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I love Chinese food and this restaurant draws people from far and wide. The manager is friendly and has a great sense of humour. This should be our local restaurant but its cheaper for us to take the train to China town, where the food is equally good and the bill is at least 40% cheaper. The price of wine is over the top., but I dont mind the slow service as its a palace to spend a whole evening with friends on a special night out.

Chez Bruce is just down the road so this restaurant appeals to the same market ..it would be good for us poorer locals if they did mid week specials but as they are always full, they don't need to. Some of my friends say the food isn't authentic, but most of them haven't been to China, and I am not sure they would like some of the food there.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

An excellent smart restaurant, feels like you could be dining in the west end rather than just locally. Unusual choices set this above your usual Chinese restaurant, and the price reflects this. Especially enjoyed the soft shell starter.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Real treat to have as a local restaurant. Consistently great food, but not cheap. All the staff seem v nice, service a bit slow on Fri/Sat evenings.