“birthday celebration”

Ranked #148 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Judged 'Best Steak Restaurant in London' by the customers of Bookatable, Europe's biggest online restaurant booking service, the 150-seat Heliot Steak House serves the best value American prime steak in the capital. It also has a unique view unlike any in London...diners can look out over the magnificent Grand Casino floor of The Hippodrome, the largest and most popular casino and entertainment venue in the country. PLEASE NOTE BECAUSE OF ITS CASINO LOCATION, HELIOT STEAK HOUSE ADMITS OVER 18s ONLY (IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LOOK UNDER 25 YOU MUST BRING PHOTO ID). Heliot serves only USDA prime - the USDA marque a true indication of quality - aged between 4 and 6 weeks to develop tenderness and flavour. You can choose from a selection of toppings, including roast bone marrow, truffle and lobster tail or one of the eight sauces available. And if steak isn't your thing there is plenty more to feast on including And if steak isn't your thing there is plenty more to feast on including delicious fish, vegetarian and Arabic dishes. We highly recommend the legendary Millionaire's Mac & Cheese (topped with a poached duck egg and black truffle). There are six bars throughout The Hippodrome including the Piano Bar on the first floor overlooking the gaming tables. This serves as the social hub of the venue, with a drinks list offering everything from American beers to bespoke cocktails. While the Cranbourn Club Bar, sited on the third floor adjacent to the two-tier Smoking Terrace, is the West End's busiest and most popular late night venue. Also, check out the in-house offer of half price wines on Sunday. Over 18s only.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Fab service, very helpful staff. We wanted the £20 surf and turf offer(inc £10 of casino chips and cocktail) which a member of our party thought they had booked, but unfortunately they had used the wrong website for the booking. After explaining to the staff, they let us have the deal anyway. Staff were very attentive and food was fab and very good portions. One thing though with the deal, the casino chips can only be used on roulette tables and only on odd numbers, but we enjoyed our little fluter. We went to a cabaret show after the meal which was brilliant. When we came out there were circus acts performing around the cocktail bar area and dancers. You could have a great eveving by just going to the cocktail bar and they have special offers on food and drinks, so check the website. Will definately go again.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Eric D, Manager at Heliot Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hello cruisechic57. Thank you very much for celebrating your birthday with us! Amazing to hear the feedback that you spent your special night out with us and we were able to give you and your friends a complete night out. We will surely pass on the great feedback to the staff and make sure they see how their hard work is recognized. We do hope to see you again before your next birthday! We work to constantly bring new exciting elements to the casino so please keep an eye for upcoming changes! Best, The Hippodrome Casino.

There are newer reviews for Heliot Steak House

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I read the reviews about the Heliot steak house and we are glad we tried it. Great view over the casino floor while you eat. Restaurant is set out very nice, waitress was very friendly and helpful. I had for the large T-bone (23oz) it was cooked exactly as I ordered, one of the best steaks I have had and I have tried a lot of steaks! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and anybody else. The service was very good.

Hello kbtang. Thank you very much for taking time to review your night out with us. From the ambiance of overlooking the non-stop action on the floor, to the high quality steaks at an amazing value are just some of the qualities we work hard to make sure all enjoy day in and day out. Thank you for taking time to look through the reviews the staff work so hard to achieve. We do hope to see you again soon and that you take in a show in the gorgeous Matcham room! A perfect night out! See you again soon! Best, The Hippodrome Casino.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great view over the casino floor while you eat. Restaurant is set out very nice, waitress was very friendly and helpful. I opted for the large T bone (23oz) it was cooked exactly as I ordered, one of the best steaks I have had and I have tried a lot of steaks! My wife had the surf and turf which was presented well and very tasty

Hello thecrazy88. Much appreciated on taking time to review your night out with us. We are very excited to hear you and your wife had a lovely time out. It is of great pride and hard work that the staff here delivers a high quality product on a consistent basis. We work hard to keep our standards high and will let the staff know of another satisfied guest. We do hope to see you and your wife again soon! Stop on in for some cocktails or an amazing show in the Matcham room! See you again soon. Best, The Hippodrome Casino.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I came in the restaurant with 3 friends, just before watching the Burlesque show (also in the casino).
I had an amazing prawn cocktail as a starter, a succulent sirloin with homemade bearnaise and mustard mash as side. My friends were all very happy with their meal as well.
Staff very friendly and professional!
Later on, in the Matcham, we had a chocolate and pear tart: once again, a delight!!
Lovely cocktails, great show!
What a night! Thanks the Hippodrome!

Eric D, Manager at Heliot Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hello C0612. Thank you for taking time to let us know of your night out with us. The Hippodrome is a great venue to have a complete night out. It is of great pleasure to hear you enjoyed an amazing dinner with friends to then move into the Matcham room and enjoy a great show. We do hope that you enjoy another night out with friends with us soon and we have now added lunches on Saturday and Sundays! See you again soon. Best regards, The Hippodrome Casino.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was a positive experience! I booked this restaurant via Internet home in Finland without really knowing anything about it for an early dinner before the theatre. From that moment everything was just positive. On the day when we were going visit the restaurant a polite and glad lady called me on my mobile phone asking me if we were on our way to visit the restaurant in the late afternoon, and when the answer was “yes” she wished us very welcome. Restaurant Heliot is directly in connection with a casino and you are sitting on balconies above the gamblers. The atmosphere is just very fine and I really liked it. The service was also absolutely fantastic. The waitresses were glad and very service minded without being obtrusive, and our waitress seemed to just know when we needed something before we even had had time to call her. 12 points! Also the food was fantastic. Best steak that I ever have had in England (and I have been there tenths of times) AND to a reasonable price. Heliot will definitely be my favorite steakhouse in London

Hello Ola K. Thank you so much for taking time to let us know of your experience with us. It is fantastic that you gave us an opportunity on reviews alone and we surpassed the level of expectations. The Hippodrome is an amazing venue that has something on offer for all. The views from the steakhouse, atmosphere, food, cocktails, staff and outlets are what we strive to set us apart from all the rest here in London. We work hard to deliver high quality service/food to all that walk in and the staff love to hear when they not only achieve but beat it! We do hope to see you again soon here! Best regards, The Hippodrome Casino.