“SSSHHHHHHH”

The Nightjar
Ranked #246 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: A multi-award winning vintage bar and music venue specialising in amazing cocktail serves. Voted into the World's Top 3 bars for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 We also have a small tapas menu for those who come with an appetite.
Croydon
“SSSHHHHHHH”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This bar is fab, small but oozing character. The cocktails are simply the best. We had several cocktails but the best was a three or four rum fueled masterpiece topped with a piece of absinthe soaked cake! It was so strong it sent my other half bonkers!! She really had a pop at me!! We have been several times but please let's keep this place our little secret as we don't want any old riff raff joining in the fun.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem with amazing cocktails and jazz”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I've been to Nightjar several times and recently organized drinks there as part of a 1920s themed hen party for one of my best friends. We were all dressed up Gatsby/flapper style and so really fit in with the prohibition era atmosphere! I booked 3 months in advance and pre-ordered sharing drinks which arrived for us shortly after we sat down. The staff are lovely and attentive - excellent friendly service. The drinks are just amazing - you really won't find anything else like it! Served in all kinds of unique ways and in quirky objects like hats, vintage punch bowls, Peruvian puzzle jugs, wooden boxes, steaming owl pitchers (a bit hard to explain this one really!) - the drinks alone are enough to keep people entertained! The jazz band was wonderful and several people were up and dancing. Such a great atmosphere. We had the table right in front of the band but you can also request to be sat in one of their booths - lovely intimate rooms for up to 5 people - nice and private - you can't see the main bar area or the band there but you can hear it really well. Nightjar will always be a top favourite of mine and I'll keep coming back!

Make sure to book in advance as it's virtually impossible to get in by just turning up at the door. It's a small venue!

London, United Kingdom
“London's little secret!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Went to the night jar on Monday 4th august with my boyfriend and another couple. I had heard great things and as my 21st is coming i wanted to try it out. Let's say I will definitely be trying to book it for my birthday!

Was a great atmosphere with a grassy difference to other bars in London, was definitely unique but in a good way. Was very intimate and salat very close to other couples but I don't mind that.
We were first sat next to the toilet door which was very annoying being smacked by it every time it opened however the staff had no problem with moving us to another table very quickly.

The waiter was very helpful and accommodating and helped us out with what we would like to drink. I stared with a cocktail that the waiter recommended to me which was fruity with a hint of chocolate taste which was amazing thenhad a Bloody Mary which was the best one I've ever had! Music was great! Didn't feel out if place being a youngish group and have recommended to everyone I know including friends and family! Can't wait to go there again!

Oh also the bouncer was very nice and looked out for us when we were outside and inside. Was also very polite about asking for ID. didn't feel patronised or threatened by presenting my age like I do in other places.

“A special secret”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My partner & I were directed to this bar on Monday by a friend. It was our last night in London & we had just had a lovely meal with her & she said that she would tell us where best to end our night. Boy was she right!
The gentlemen on the door were very friendly, I was actually a little worried we wouldn't get in as he had a list of names of people who had booked tables (we don't have anything like that back home) but we got a lovely little table in a corner whilst a band was playing.
The atmosphere was brilliant. My partner had never been to London before so this was perfect to show off the different, decadent side without completely blowing the bank.
There is waiter service so we could just sit back & relax, listening to the band. We got some free popcorn, which the also re-filled without question.
I had the marmalade cocktail which is now my new favourite. I can't remember what my partner had but it had pale ale in it I think? He really enjoyed it & that was his first cocktail.
The drinks came to a total of £19 which is more expensive than what I would pay at home but they were long drinks so they lasted. Plus they were also very expertly made.
In the end the total bill was £32 but we did buy some of the cool metal straws they had so we can try to "re-create" the drinks.
I would definitely suggest that people try here. It was a great experience and as soon as we can save up to get back to London, we will be back!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely cocktails”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a fab evening with some friends out of town. The cocktails are some of the best we have ever had - Honey Smash, Derby. Intense but not overpowering flavors. Service, needless to say, was attentive despite a crowded night.

• Visited May 2014