“Best cocktails ever! Really impressed with service... Despite other reviews!”
Review of The Nightjar

The Nightjar
Ranked #258 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: A multi-award winning vintage bar and music venue specialising in amazing cocktail serves. Voted into the World's Top 3 bars for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 We also have a small tapas menu for those who come with an appetite.
England
“Best cocktails ever! Really impressed with service... Despite other reviews!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This place isn't obvious from the outside. Even as we walked down the stairs we weren't sure. But I'm pleased we went in. The service was perfect, the music and venue great and the cocktails, the most impressive I've had.

The food was expensive given the portion sizes but tasty nonetheless.

I'd definitely go back. A really nice place to wile away a couple of hours.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sodyathen

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A second good visit...”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having visited this bar a couple of months ago and been totally 'wowed' I decided to revisit... It was still good, however not as good as the last visit. Previously the waiters (all male ones) had been very good, but this time the waitresses didn't seem as interested as their male counterparts. Our one was functional but didn't raise a smile or seem very interested in her job. Still a very good atmosphere and amazing cocktail list. The tapas dishes are also very good....

Las Vegas, Nevada
“So Awesome”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

What a great vibe! Speakeasy style with great live swing music. This is a must see in London. Every drink is a work of art.

• Visited August 2013
“Terrible service at door”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Doorstaff took one look at us and refused entry. I would not mind but we had come all the way from Norfolk to go there as I am a subscriber to the diffords guide and it came highly recommended. This was a Thursday. Im sure that on a thursday evening it cant be that busy. Perhaps the company want to stop spamming me with emails if theyre not actually going to let me in. As a young business owner taking a few rare precious days off to come down to London I have to admit that I was highly disappointed.

4 Thank Louise W
Edweil, Owner at The Nightjar, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Louise,

We're really sorry you had a negative experience at our door. We can assure you that our door policy is non discriminatory and based purely on our strict licensed capacity. This means that the are times when we simply cannot admit any more customers if we are fully booked.

For this reason we strongly recommend either booking in advance via our website or arriving early in the evening (6/7pm) when there is normally still some walk-in space available, advice which we emphasise in all our correspondence.

We sincerely hope you will return and discover our hospitality, live music and cocktails first hand.

With Best Wishes,

Nightjar.
London, United Kingdom
“Expected much more”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I live right across this place and I've always wondered why there was such a queue to go inside. After booking with one month in advance I went in to find a bar that has only 4 tables facing the live music! I immediately felt disappointed because I booked only to see the live music. Cocktails are good and fancy but very expensive! I saw a lot of tables go in, order a drink and leave afterwards so I guess they must have been disappointed as well. I wouldn't recommend this place, Shoreditch has much more better bars, which are cheaper!

Visited August 2013