“Pure Class” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Nightjar
Ranked #109 of 22,217 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: A multi-award winning vintage bar and music venue specialising in amazing cocktail serves. Voted into the World's Top 3 bars for 2012, 2013, and 2014. We also have a small tapas menu for those who come with an appetite.
London, United Kingdom
“Pure Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am a bit of a prohibition era enthusiast, and as such i have been to many such bars around London, and indeed the world. None of these, however, even come close to the Nightjar experience. from the always helpful hostesses, to the phenomenal, one to one, cocktail consultation by the most friendly waiter- the likes of which i have never known in ANY other establishment. on both occasions that i have been lucky enough to get a reservation, he never fails to choose the most perfect drink for me and my guests. brilliant music, cocktails and tapas... this place is incomparable!

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“cool place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

It is my second visit in the nightjar, and i was very happy to visit it again. cool basement bar with great old times design, amazing service and the cocktails are to die for. the food section is very small but excelent a side your drinks and there is a live music almost every night for complete the atmosphere

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails, shocking customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've had a drinks at NightJar a few months back and it was really lovely atmosphere and amazing cocktails indeed. However last Friday night I came back and received the worst and most shocking customer service I've ever experienced!

I've started my evening elsewhere, at a private Prohibition party with a bunch of friends. The party had ended around midnight and as we were already dressed the part, my friend and I (we're both females) had decided to go to NightJar for a late cocktail.

We arrived just after 12 and had to wait outside for about 15-20 minutes as we hadn't booked a table, together with a few others. That was fine and we chatted and waited patiently to get in, to what we had imagined a busy bar. Oh how we were wrong. The place was half empty with only a few tables filled with mostly couples. We were sat by a dark, corner and intimate table, with only one person near us. As we were just 2 friends, the romantic setup did not feel right. We've noticed the 6-8 available bar stools and asked the waitress to move there.

As we got up, the waitress told us off and said we should go back to our table as she needs to check if we are able to move to the bar. I've asked if the stools are reserved or occupied and she said no. She went on to ask the bar-staff and the two gents looked us up and down and shook their heads, which made us feel very uncomfortable. The waitress had got back to us and quite rudely said that we are not able to move as we would "disrupt" the service and the bar stuff are too busy making drinks for other guests.
I have to say, that we were NOT drunk, typsy or loud and we were dressed very smartly for a 1920's style party. Needless to say we left and did not wish to stay for another moment.

I've never came across anything like this before and quite honestly if they can't accomodate guests at the bar, they should remove the stools and not the guests...
I will never go back and if you value good, customer service that is not arrogant nor pretentious you should stay away from this place too.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NetzatLondon
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Wow, what an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visited this place on a Tuesday evening, after booking in advance. The atmosphere is amazing and the service is very good. Just watching the various cocktails going past was a piece of near theatre in itself as the presentation is very unique! Will certainly be visiting here again....

1 Thank ahedger
Singapore, Singapore
“My favorite place in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everybody talks about speakeasy but this is absolutely my favorite. If you like jazz/blues and live bands this is the place. Book tickets way in advance or hope for a not-so-crowded night when you can get in after 10pm. Cocktails are delicious and such an amazing selection. Little appetizer tasty as well. The atmosphere is the key, vintage, old, low lights, the music! Everytime i go i love it more.

2 Thank Lucky_Luche