“Heart of London, old building” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marble Arch Hotel

Marble Arch Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Marble Arch Hotel
You added Marble Arch Hotel to your Saves list
Ross House 51 Kendal Street | Hyde Park, London W2 2BP, England   |
Ranked #752 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Ashdod, Israel
“Heart of London, old building”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel is located centrally walking distance to London's tourist sights. A couple of good pubs around, in the same building there is a disco. This is an advantage if you do not want to pay for the WIFI. You can go on the club's internet free of charge.
The bell staff was always busy, a little unorganized, the reception was very strict in registration. Despite we have paid all the room charges in advance they wanted to have a huge deposit for incidentals, what I found inflexible.
Rooms were average. I tried to arrange an upgrade, the reception was willing to give me a junior suite but it did not worth for more money, I preferred to keep the Oxford Street view.
The breakfast was very rich and delicious.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel is disgusting.The Staff are mostly rude,the rooms are dirty and outdated.Without doubt this is the worst hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in.Don't ruin your holiday here,if this is Flight centre's idea of a recommended hotel I will book directly myself in future.Bathroom pathetic,resident cockroach's,give this place a big miss.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank David R

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel was not what we expected. We had booked and paid for a triple room, instead we got a standard room with two single beds! and there was still something in the toilet when we arrived! The rooms are out dated and the whole place looks like a prison cell! The staff are beyond rude! If you think there is wifi here, think again, there is internet access, between the hours of 7am - 6pm. So if you miss that deadline, which you probably because you will most likely be out sightseeing, I guess you just can't speka to your family and friends back home during your stay, if you do however get a chance to use the computers please note that you can only use them for 15 minutes and that is all for the day, yes there is someone watching at the desk to tell your time is up and that is all you are allowed for the day!!! Very Wrong!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank natalie V
Genève
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I spent 2 nights there for an event happening at the hotel. People at the desk were very friendly and cosmopolite. However, to get to the reception, you had to climb a long stair as there was an escalator out of service for the entire stay and no one seems to repair it... . I had a very good executive room, pretty large and quiet, with a complete equipment, including a complete iron machine, which is very useful on a business trip. Laundry service was excellent. Buffet breakfast was ok but you had to queue a pretty long time, which is very embarrassing when you are on a business trip. Overall, good service but "old" atmosphere, low ceilings and never ending corridors to get to your room. I rated "average" as I prefer more design hotel but I must admit that the executive room was very comfortable and large and service were very friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary for 3 nights. The staff were very polite and helpful. As we arrived a bit earlier than the scheduled check in, they were helpful and put our luggage aside for us.

when we finally did get into our room, there was a lovely box of chocolates for us with a note from the manager - nice touch:) The room is small, but typical for a room in England or Europe for that matter. The bathroom is a good size with a fabulous soaker tub and a tv built in! Was fantastic to have a tv in the actually shower area.

the decor in the room was very classic and tasteful as was the hotel in general. the location is great as well, fairly close to most places, but far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city. The hotel is on the pricier side, but that's what you get for London!

Overall we had a fantastic time and I would highly recommend this hotel to other couples.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Borås, Sverige
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Have been here many times! Excellent location, near shopping and buses and underground. The rooms are small but clean, with fresh bed linen and have own fridge! The managers are very helpful and the breakfast is okey.Very good value for money.I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tij2
Tyrone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed here for 2nights 3 days.. I had breakfast on both mornings and liked it alot. This hotel is very busy but this did not bother me as really all we wanted the hotel for was to leave our shopping bags in after a good days shopping on oxofrd st which is literally a 30sec walk away. The men at the porter lobby were very nice and friendly. I would say though the hotels resteraut has 2 menus.. A carvery menu and a set menu. Do not let them fool you when they say £21.00 carvery they charge a service charge. Overall i enjoyed myy stay at this hotel .

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends