WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Nothing less than exceptional” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marble Arch Hotel

Marble Arch Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Marble Arch Hotel
Ranked #744 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Nothing less than exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary for 3 nights. The staff were very polite and helpful. As we arrived a bit earlier than the scheduled check in, they were helpful and put our luggage aside for us.

when we finally did get into our room, there was a lovely box of chocolates for us with a note from the manager - nice touch:) The room is small, but typical for a room in England or Europe for that matter. The bathroom is a good size with a fabulous soaker tub and a tv built in! Was fantastic to have a tv in the actually shower area.

the decor in the room was very classic and tasteful as was the hotel in general. the location is great as well, fairly close to most places, but far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city. The hotel is on the pricier side, but that's what you get for London!

Overall we had a fantastic time and I would highly recommend this hotel to other couples.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Borås, Sverige
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

Have been here many times! Excellent location, near shopping and buses and underground. The rooms are small but clean, with fresh bed linen and have own fridge! The managers are very helpful and the breakfast is okey.Very good value for money.I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank tij2
Tyrone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed here for 2nights 3 days.. I had breakfast on both mornings and liked it alot. This hotel is very busy but this did not bother me as really all we wanted the hotel for was to leave our shopping bags in after a good days shopping on oxofrd st which is literally a 30sec walk away. The men at the porter lobby were very nice and friendly. I would say though the hotels resteraut has 2 menus.. A carvery menu and a set menu. Do not let them fool you when they say £21.00 carvery they charge a service charge. Overall i enjoyed myy stay at this hotel .

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank heatherh2008
washington dc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

Terrible! I remember staying there in 06 and loved it, apparently you have to pay triple the price to stay in an average art deco room like I did before. I thought I booked it this time! I asked for double beds (2) and got one, then when I asked for a cot/rollaway, at checkin (as we had no where else to go) I was told sure for an extra $25. I still had no cot at midnight!! I had to go see the night manager, my two kids were exhausted as were we with the whole experience, couldn't wait to leave the next morning.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

We arrived at what I can only describe as a glorified hostel!! Breakfast was supposed to be included but you had to pick it up the previous evening. This included a muffin (cake) a box of orange juice (out of date) and a box of cereal - but we were informed that there was no milk, no utensils. Utterly horrible. The room was supposed to be a "family room" but there wasn't room to swing a cat and the bathroom - you had to stand sidewise to close the door and get in the shower, which was dirtly.

We had asked for an early check in but were told on our arrival that the room was not ready as the owners son had turned up last night and was still asleep in the bed!!!

Never ever going back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

My first trip to london was not to meet the Queen (unfortunate) :) the reception was nice and i must say the cosmopoitan nature of the staff at the counter made me feel much at ease.

the room was small neat and compact. i was later told that hotel rooms are generally small in london. but it was nice and cosy.

the breakfast spread was amazingly good and a HUGE area.

the hotel for me great as just a few minutes away you have public means of transport and a row of shops offereing you some london tour or the other.

not too many good eateries around but a good a walk and a hungry stomach is all you need before you can find something great for your palate.

other then for business purposes may not advise it to a tourist.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business