“Delicious”

Burger & Lobster - Soho
Ranked #324 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Soho
South Florida, Florida
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went here for the 2nd time when I was in London, I love their lobster role. It is sooo good and fresh, I live in Florida so I eat seafood all the time and this has to be one of my favorite palces. You do have to wait a while if you show up for prime dinner times, so I always sneak in early for dinner. Also at the bar it is 1st come 1st serve so this time I was alone and just grabbed a spot at the bar. Good service and great food! I miss it already!

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Andover, United Kingdom
“Really good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I had heard really good things and so I wanted to try this place out.
We were seated really quickly and the menu was explained.
Basically you have 3 choices-lobster sandwich, lobster or burger.
This makes life very simple so we had lobster and a burger which we shared.
It is basically £20 per meal then whatever you drink.
Good pricing for London and I would definately go back!
Loving the bibs!!

1 Thank Helen K
London, United Kingdom
“Doesn't live up to the hype!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was looking forward to a trip to Burger and Lobster after reading such good reviews and hearing good things about the restaurant from friends and colleagues. I understood the concept. You get burger, or you get Lobster wither for £20. Sounds fair. It was busy and we waited around 20 minutes for a table which was fine. We ordered a bottle of wine from the bar while waiting for our table (which took the whole 20 minutes) and when we took it back to our table we saw some foreign body floating at the top. Later this turned out to be 'just a bit of cork' as the waiter put it. I understand that, but when paying around £30 for a bottle of wine, I don't want it to come served with a side of cork! The bottle was exchanged and we got on.
After being recommended the burger by our waiter, my boyfriend ordered the burger and I opted for the lobster, grilled. The food came in quick time,but at only a little over room temperature. The burger was far from £ 20 worth of burger, it was very bland ( I get better in the local pub two for £8) and the lobster was cold, immensely chewy, tasted like charcoal and reeked of sea water and gunk ( like it hadn't been washed before cooking) The smell made me feel sick and we quickly gobbled up our chips and asked for the bill. When telling who I presume was the manageress on that shift. She told us the grilled lobster is normally more chewy than the steamed (I wished I was told this before ordering) and I should have got the steamed lobster. So as for the charcoaled meat and sea gunk smell, that's just how it is. My only other experience of lobster was from a beautiful seafood restaurant in the highlands, which I highly recommend.
This restaurant, in my opinion, is all talk no action. Overpriced, under delivering, fast food for the trendy Londoner who doesn't really have any taste buds.
I did however enjoy my side salad, but I'm afraid that is not enough to take me back.
Disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Beckyswish
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner for four.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Waited two and a half hours it was busy but it was a bit chaotic. Would have been nice to have a text just to let us know we were not forgotten, we had to keep asking the staff. Drinks are expensive. When we did get seated the food came quick, and was tasty. The one desert they had presented and tasted a bit like a macdonalds mc flurry. The waiters were nice though. This is a place for tourists and large bookings forget it If your a party of four or under you'll have a wait, because you can't book ahead. It was an experience but not one I'd do again.

• Visited March 2014
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great value and great food! Friendly staff. Only downside is that you might have to wait for a while in a cue- but that's just a reflection of how nice a restaurant it is! Also they get your food to you reaaalllly quickly, Definitely worth a trip at some point if you're in London

Visited September 2013