“In & out lobster”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Managed to overcome the challenge of getting a table (no reservations unless you're 6-10 ppl) by getting there at 5:30 pm on a Monday - got a table straight away. Had my lobster steamed and finished off in the grill and enjoyed it very much. Seriously tasty fries - don't ignore them! Good service, good value for money, very low key and relaxed setting. The only trouble was +30C outside and their AC out of order what made this a very quick meal.

I wouldn't eat a burger there as £20 for a burger is way to much in my opinion (I can have an excellent burger at Byron or Builders Arms pub for much less!), but the lobster is definitely worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,169)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went with 2 others and despite getting there at 8pm on a Saturday night we were lucky enough to have just a half hour wait.

The staff were friendly, but the restaurant was extremely busy and you got the sense they were trying to get through as many punters as possible (our lobsters arrived moments after we ordered).

It was, however, a great experience with some very tasty lobster going down a treat in a lively environment.

1  Thank RoyalBish
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We visited at 1.00 pm on a Thursday, and expected to queue, but we got a table straight away. We had grilled lobsters with a couple of cocktails. It was great value especially with chips and a salad. Cocktails were fine, but maybe I'll stick with a beer next time (I'm pretty much a g & t, or a whisky sour man when it comes to shorts - must be my age!)

We were very well looked after by Zarig who was knowledgeable and helpful, without being overpowering, and the food cam pretty quickly. There was the possibility of a garlic butter sauce, but I think this spoils the taste of the lobster, so I had plain butter sauce with lemon, which was good.

The décor is minimalist with light fittings hanging down from the ceiling and mainly bare walls, which made the trip downstairs to the bog even more surprising as both the gents and ladies are spacious in a rather pleasant area.

A nice experience, although it can be quite noisy, so anyone hoping to read a library book or get onto their lap top might be disappointed,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went on a family meal with 7 of us. Got a table for lunch on a Saturday straight away and the service was super friendly and attentive throughout. 5 went for lobster which was more than enough to fill each of us up with the fries and salad also. The burgers did look good but when you can get an Honest or Byron for £10 then I'm not sure it's the best option to go for.

We had bibs to stop the lobster mess ruining our clothes and the drinks list had plenty of choice both boozey and alco-free.

I'd definitely definitely go back for lobster.

1  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It is a restaurant that draws you in. The busy and casual atmosphere which serves great lobsters (and yummy sauces) at affordable prices. Perfect place with friends. Service is fantastically friendly and helpful. The burger, though less spectacular, is also worth trying.