“Fun, great service, lovely atmosphere”

Burger & Lobster - Soho
Ranked #357 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This was a great experience. The food is simple and effective and delicious, the steamed lobster is particularly good and the burgers are excellent. Great wine and champers list, really great cocktails and we had a really good waiter who was charming. Highly recommend!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Couldn't fault this place if I tried! There's a reason on a Saturday night at 7pm there's a queue outside the door. A great buzzing atmosphere with friendly, attentive service and brilliant food! Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went to the Soho branch on a Sunday night around 6.15 expecting to wait for over an hour. It was 2 of us, we were told we could get a sit by the bar and a table would be ready in 15-30 mins. And it was. Bigger groups had to wait for over an hour. Had a glass of Prosecco by the bar and off we went to the depth of this lobster paradise. Have ordered a very tasty cocktail- Dean Street Breezer and enjoyed a huge portion of lobster, which we didn't have to wait for a long time either, and which came with fries and a salad. Both me and a friend have really enjoyed the experience. The portion was huge and very satisfying. The lobsters are shipped from Canada and are of very good quality. And even though I haven't tried the burger, have heard it's of a very high standard ( As good as the ones they serve at Goodmans).

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Me and my brother went here on Sunday hoping the weather would put most people off... but testiment to the food and value for money we were greeted warmly but with a 40min waiting time.
In reality we were seated in around 20 mins. The waitress (flirtily) explained the menu and of course we opted for the Lobster. We decided to go for the £30 lobsters rather than the standard £20 as we were not having a starter or dessert.
The Lobster itself was fantastic, I have no idea how these guys make money, it was cooked perfectly and was huge, we both struggled to finish it. The chips were good but a little salty and the salad was nice enough too, reminded me of the saled you get in Gaucho Grill. The lemon butter sauce was great with the Lobster.
When I fancy lobster again I'll definitely return, fantastic food, lively atmosphere, and good value for money.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was a bit of a wait for our party of 6 to be seated, but this place is renowned for this and we were happily waiting at the bar keeping ourselves amused.

The anticipation was getting pretty mad as I have always wanted to try this place, having heard so many good things about it and the constant advice of 'YOU MUST TRY IT' were all I hear.

Having had the fortune of eating at the Ed's Lobster Bar in NYC, I have set the bar pretty high for this meal and along with the anticipation, I can tell you that I simply could not wait to sink my teeth into this meal.

The time came and we were seated round the back of this very buzzy place, full of jovial people enjoying their food and company, it is a very nice place to be for a social gathering.

I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to go for the lobster, the only thing was whether to go for the 2lb'er or not for £30. My wife went for the burger and knowing that she would probably steal bits of mine, I went for the 2lb'er and it was a very good decision it turns out.

Why?

Because the lobster was simply divine and I and my wife demolished it.

I chose the mixture of both butter sauce, one with the garlic and one without, and they both complimented the lobster very well. The lobster itself was cooked to perfection with the meat perfectly firm and bouncy enough, the salad and chips are incidentals but they were fine.

I simply loved the freshness, sweetness and succulence of the lobster and the 2lb'er was a must in my book to fully satisfy yourself if you are going there hungry. You will run the risk of being left a little high and dry if you dont go for the larger portion having seen the normal ones, so dont take the risk and just go for the larger one.

I did try and burger which looked fine, but I simply was too busy enjoying my 2lb'er, in my eyes you come here for the lobsters, not the burger.

Definitely recommended and I can't wait to go again.