“Great if you like Lobster”

Burger & Lobster - Soho
Ranked #370 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We dined at the soho restaurant. We were a party of 6 so we had booked a table. The choice here is either lobster or burger. If you like a burger you will definitely find other places in London which are better value for money. However if you like Lobster steamed or grilled as we had it, I believe it's a nice restaurant to visit. However my objections are for the " plastic " fries and the absence of any vinaigrette.

2  Thank Ilias K
Write a ReviewReviews (3,082)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

For 20 pounds you would expect a tiny half lobster but you really do get a full lobster, with a serving of chips and a salad. I would suggest the dangerously good butter sauce as well. Also, chargrill for the lobster just adds that extra smokiness to it - delicious!

Only complaint is that you can't book so expect a long wait but if you come with a group of friends and are relaxed about having a few drinks while waiting, then its a great night out.

Serving staff were great but front of house staff were not the most helpful and needed a lot of pushing.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

You have two choices: burger or lobster. I had the lobster, my wife had the burger. Both were excellent! The service was friendly, all in all a great place for lunch.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I absolutely loved this place. Recommended by friends, I had wanted to try this place for some time, and finally got to go on Monday. We arrived early but we were waiting for a friend, so the front of house would not seat us until she'd arrived! This really irked me, so the experience did not start off brilliantly. In fact I was so miffed at the stupidity of this that I very nearly left to go to another nice looking restaurant nearby. When I asked her why we couldn't be seated, the reason given was because it may get busy..... Right? Anyway we were finally allowed a table, and the rest of the evening was a really positive one. Great waiting staff. Great food. Great concept. Can't wait to return.
My tip would be to go early as I tried to get into the Mayfair one in November, again on a Monday, at about 8pm and we were told there would be an hour wait. It's busy and popular.

1  Thank woodpa
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have lived and worked in London for the past 7 years and I generally go out for dinner around 3 or 4 times a week. I can honestly say that I have never encountered ruder or more patronizing staff at any restaurant in London. I didn't even stay for dinner!

5  Thank MTplate_13