“Burger joint of the moment”

Honest Burgers - Soho
Ranked #154 of 22,675 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
London, United Kingdom
“Burger joint of the moment”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Really popular place that's branched out of Brixton. They do not take reservations but have a waiting list on day off where they take your number and size of your group and giving you an approximate waiting time.

We went on a Friday night so I went along before everyone else showed up and put us on the waiting list. It took about 45 minutes (I came at 6:15 and we were seated at 7) but by that time everyone of our group had arrived. The hostess and waiting staff were quite pleasant despite the busy environment.

The menu isn't extensive but the point is that its all about the burger. Burgers are made medium-rare as standard and are absolutely delicious (the quality of the meat is certainly above average). I had a side of slaw with apples instead of chips, it was really tangy and the apples were subtle.

From the old school enamel bowel to the mason jar glassware the place has that trendy hipster thing going (I guess thank you Williamsburg?), which I can enjoy in infrequent doses.

Overall definitely worth a try if burgers are one of your staple dining out meals, I would go back again. Although I think Byron Burger also has excellent burgers in London and usually there isn't a waiting list.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing! Will be going back soon.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I came here on a Friday night. The restaurant's on the small side so we were expecting a long wait for a table - one and a half hours for a seat inside to be exact. Luckily, one of the three tables outside freed up and we were seated in five minutes. The staff were alll very nice and were we served quickly.

The menu is quite limited - there's a basic chicken, beef and veggie, a special of the day, and a few sides (not that I'm being critical). I got the veggie and my husband had the beef. The beef was just amazing and definitely the best burger we've had in London - even better than the £20 burger and Burger and Lobster. The veggie was a bit 'meh' though - I ended up having to shove my chips in there plus a whole heap of ketchup to perk it up a bit. The beef was well worth the visit though. Excellent value for money too!

Take-away available and open for lunch.

1 Thank Punchy_but_accurate
Stuttgart, Germany
“Great burgers and even better fries”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We tried coming here before, but the wait was very long, so luckily the second time around we got a table. Having heard about the place from friends the anticipation was high - but the food more than lived up to it. The menu is kept simple with a few variations of beef, chicken and a veggie burger, we had a cheese burger and the Federation burger. The burgers were really as great as everyone says, but the absolute highlight were the fries! Without exaggerating, those might have been the best fries I have ever had; wonderfully crisp and salty but still tasting like potatos. I will definitely come back for more!

1 Thank JannaTravelsAround
“Absolutely Amazing!!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

You can not have a much better burger experience anywhere else in town. Food is exquisite, service is faultless and value for money could not be better.. This place is for people who appreciates quality and standards!

Brighton
“Great value and concept on posh burgers”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love good burgers and this is why I went hunting for Honest. I had the special which contained american cheese, onions, burger sauce and pickles served with their house rosemary fries.

I asked for the burger to be cooked medium well as I don't like it too pink, but it came very medium and parts were extremely pink. I didn't send it back because I didn't get to the pink part for a while and didn't want to wait for another one.

It was really tasty though, but I can't give it 5 stars considering it was not cooked to how I asked it. Our drinks will was knocked off as a gesture, which I really appreciated it and saved my opinion on this restaurant.

Recommended but make sure you specificy and check your cooking level.