“Found my home away from home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Place Hotel

South Place Hotel
Ranked #37 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Vienna, Austria
“Found my home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am going to London quite regularly and as such I have seen quite a few hotels in the past years. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in so far, no question. It is modern, contemporarily designed in a playful, unobtrusive way, squeaky clean, very friendly and as a bonus it has a Michelin-star restaurant on the top floor which in itself is worth to going there. I enjoyed the way the receptionist took her time explaining everything in the room to me and felt treated a bit like royalty. The room was large (remember, it's London) and equipped with everything one could possibly need, even sunglasses. The spa is as new and shiny as the rest of the place and the bar does not let the side down either. I think I have found my place in London now. I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank OliverJavert
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear OliverJavert,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I was delighted that you found your stay at South Place Hotel so enjoyable and were able to try Angler.

I hope we will welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Bruce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were celebrating an important anniversary and the staff were brilliant. We got upgraded to a ELDON room, a personalised card from the staff and some extra goodies in the room.The Duty Manager Alex made our stay! From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, he ensured we were exceptionally looked after.The room was amazing! Superb toiletries and lots of lovely little touches. Breakfast had a really good variety of items to choose from. Each time we came and left the hotel we were greeted and asked how our day was and if we needed anything. Thank you once again for an amzing stay! Looking forward to going again as soon as possible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter A,

Thank you so much for choosing South Place Hotel to celebrate your anniversary and for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.

I hope to be able to welcome you to the hotel again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last weekend as we are going to see russell Howard at the O2.
We were very much welcomed into the hotel an we could not fault it. They room was spacious very clean. when we came back to our room from being at the show we had a lovely card through our door and our robes and slippers were put out ready for us when we got back. Would recommend to everyone to stay here an we will definately be going back :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Narissa H
Dear Narissa H,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I was so pleased to read that you had such a great time when you stayed at South Place Hotel recently.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in one of the suites on the 6th floor...chic, contemporary and superb service. Bruce Robertson knows how to run not just a hotel but an experience! A very relaxing break in the City with a top quality restaurant, Angler....stay here and dine here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nifi
Dead Nifi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and for your kind words. I was delighted that you chose to spend your birthday at South Place Hotel and had such a great time.

I hope to see you at the hotel again very soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here as part of a 9 person group celebrating a friends 40th Birthday. The rooftop bar was excellent, as was the chefs table with a view on the kitchens - great to watch your Michelin star food being prepared & fab quality food. I'd recommend the Sea bass on crab & potato mash.

The rooms were plush, with top quality fittings / controls for the room. We had a room with a bath & the bath foam was great - you didn't need to use much to get loads of bubbles!!

The cherry on the cake was the games room, where they had decks (with loads of vinyl records), a fussball table & a pool table. I loved the red wireless telephones to order room service - a great way to finish the evening off.

Breakfast was a little pricey, but what one should expect for a fantastic eggs benedict.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a bath & visit the games room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ChrisC965,

Thank you so much for leaving your comments; we really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I was thrilled that you chose South Place Hotel for such a special occasion and that you were able to explore the entire hotel.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again soon, whether that will be for an overnight stay or dinner and drinks in the restaurants.

Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here for a birthday treat, and compared to a lot of other hotels and deals I looked at, I thought this was a good price for the luxury you get in return.
The rooms were super stylish, with touch sensitive light switches and heating control. Other reviewers have commented that this was annoying, but I found it easy to use.
Our room was spacious, clean, stylish and luxurious. The touches like the artwork, gave the hotel a boutique feel, even though the actual hotel was quite large, it didn't feel like a large hotel.
The bath was amazing, (so book a room with a bath!)
The beds very comfortable.
We had brunch,with an unlimited prosecco deal the next day, which was buzzy and busy and the food was great.
I love this hotel, it's also convenient for Liverpool street and The Barbican.
I also love the fact that they make an effort with organising cool events and nights.

Room Tip: Any room with a bath
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrightonBems
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear nunx,

Thank you so much for leaving another lovely review, I was delighted that you and your family returned for another great stay and that we now have a new fan of South Place Hotel.

Our team were so pleased to read you kind words and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We spent a Saturday night here with 12 family members to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. It was superb. The hotel itself is new and trendy but still atmospheric and cosy. It was buzzy all weekend but without being in your face. The rooms are lovely and a reasonable price for central London 5* at less than £200. The bed was exceptionally comfy and the bath could have fit 4 of us!

We had the 'red room' for our birthday dinner which is a private dining room that I'd highly recommend with a huge round red table that all 12 of us sat comfortably around. The service was excellent and the staff tried so hard to make our event memorable. My fathers room was upgraded and all of the staff involved in the planning were superb.

We went for a £45 a head 3 course menu and all of the food was of a very high standard. The only gripe at all was that there was a limited selection of wines at the cheaper end and I thought £40 for the cheapest bottle of sparkling (prosecco) was a bit steep.
However apart from paying the bill we all had a really wonderful weekend and I will be back to try the other restaurants!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gooldie
Dear Gooldie,

Thank you so much for your review, I was delighted that you chose South Place Hotel for such a special occasion and that you had such a great time during the dinner and the hotel stay.

I hope we will see you in one of our restaurants or bars soon.