“The Perfect Hotel”

Ranked #39 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Norway
“The Perfect Hotel”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The title says it all, really, but if I have to elaborate: Everything about this hotel is spot on. Every little detail oozes class, from the cutlery to the hi-tech key cards. People drawing comparisons to the Hoxton Hotel should be slapped back to their senses – South Place Hotel is way ahead in every aspect. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank arneson
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear arneson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay so much.

I hope to see you at the hotel again soon.

Bruce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
London
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Top notch for everything. Lovely, lovely staff who were obviously enjoying their work. We had an amazing room. Wonderful service. Nothing was too much trouble. Delicious, relaxing breakfast. Well done to everyone involved with South Place Hotel. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: Save up for Suite 610. Fabulous.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lollymlg
Dear lollymlg,

Thank you for your kind comments, I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much, and our staff were thrilled to read you kind comments.

I do hope we can welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Antigua
Reviewed October 26, 2013

South Place Hotel is not like other London Hotels. It is set in the heart of the City amongst bankers and traders, but yet despite being City Slick it still keeps it’s Hoxton cool. I honestly do not know where to start to describe the best part of this hotel.

I stayed in October with my wife for a city break, when you arrive the welcome is genuinely friendly and helpful, but casually efficient. You can have fun and good banter with the staff, they are not programmed robots like most London hotels. But do not get me wrong, they are well trained, they know everything about their product but they manage to keep their own personalities and are clearly encouraged to do so.

Our room was fantastic, very modern with all the gadgets and more than what you would expect. The garden outdoor bar is a nice escape from the crowds and a cool place for a cocktail with the heaters letting you forget about the horrid cold closing in on London.
The cocktail bar downstairs is extra special, it was packed Thursday and Friday but quieter Saturday (as expected in the City). Cocktails are amazing. Angel, head barman is genius and I encourage everyone to take the time to talk to him, we tasted many great creations from him. I can truly say this is the most exciting cocktail bar I have been to in years.

Bar snacks are amazing, as is the breakfast and room-service from the downstairs kitchen. The brunch on a Saturday is a must, £20 two courses of exactly what you want to eat after a great night cocktailing and for an extra £10 bottomless mimosa’s and bloody marys (plus more). We got our monies worth.

The highlight was the chef’s table in Angler, 9 of us ate 7 courses with wine pairing. Being treated to Michelin star food with a view of the kitchen was truly fabulous. I won’t bother boring you with the details, just book it. In fact stay at the hotel and book everything, there is no need to leave, I didn’t find better restaurants, bars or staff during my month back in UK.

I apologise for making my review so long, there were certain things I couldn’t leave out! To wrap things up I will say that you cannot touch what makes South Place Hotel Special, it is not the fantastic food, service, cocktails or décor. It is the vibe that comes from the right balance of everything. I am truly impressed and so happy I stayed there. Well done SPH and thank you to ALL the staff who made our stay so special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SGRocks,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such generous feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay - it certainly sounds like you made the most of your visit!

The entire team were so pleased to read your comments, and look forward to seeing you at the hotel again very soon.

Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon after a fairly riotous night in Bridge,Canterbury. Greeting us at the front desk was Saul looking like he'd been to a Los Beatle lookalike competition. Upon seeing
my walking aid Raul offered to show us the disabled room to get a comparison - he seemed to genuinely want to get everything right for us. The purpose of the visit was to help my son Tom move into his new flat and we'd promised to get him a new duvet and curtains, however time was running out and explained our dilemma to Raul who with his staff went into overdrive. They found out which Argos was open, then booked us a cab at a good rate. All this took a fair bit of time and I would have to say I have never had such good service at a hotel anywhere in the world. Nothing was too much trouble. Top this off with a fantastic bed, superb bathroom, and an excellent breakfast and you truly have a five star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter F,

Thank you so much for leaving such lovely feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to do this. We are so proud of the great service we provide here and the whole team were thrilled to read your kind comments.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Chester, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I typically stay at hotels in the region for work (Apex London Wall and Montcalm) but for me South Place Hotel easily tops those. First the rooms are bigger and brand new, second the room service was the fastest I've ever seen, fresh hot food in 15-20 minutes the 4 times and then when it came in 30 minutes the last time, at the rush of breakfast, the lady apologized profusely..hey most places are always 30-40 minutes for room service. The gym was nice, and the steam room a pleasant suprise. I would have loved a step system for doing some aerobics, but most hotel gyms dont have them, so that is being picky. The food here is very pricey but also very good. All in all I loved this hotel and am happily returning in December.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ken H
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Ken H,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I was delighted to learn that you had such a great time when you stayed at the hotel.

We are in fact looking at what other services we can offer in the gym in the New Year, and are speaking to a fitness instructor who will provide training. Keep an eye out on our website for details.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

IOW, UK
Reviewed October 22, 2013

South Place is great. Wifi that works, good size rooms, attentive professional staff, very clean, tidy, smart and prestigious, this hotel should be on the radar of any who need lodging in the City and can afford the rates.
Look out for last minute deals and Half price Monday's in The Angler.

Well done. It is hard to find a new professional hotel in London. This is one. Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear EVSAO,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I hope we can welcome you back at the hotel again soon.

UK
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know this place existed - only open a year. The staff were excellent, very helpful without being a pain. Our room was fantastic, large, comfortable and looked great. There are two bars where you can still smoke without impacting others. I am so glad I found it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christophus
Dear christophus,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I'm so glad that you discovered our hotel, and enjoyed your stay so much.

I do hope we will see you at the hotel again soon.