First of all, I have to admit that I was staying in the hotel on a very competitive "Jetsetter.com" rate. So maybe the service would have been better if staying on a regular rate, but then again this shouldn't be a criterion. Also, the rooms themselves are great and the location very handy for both business and leisure (in particular in East London). But now to the details:
- Nothing regarding the rooms - all great there (see below).
- Only major issue was that the hotel's roof terrace was closed for private events both nights of my stay (Friday night and the whole of Saturday). I had made an appointment with one of my friends on Friday night to meet on the roof terrace for cocktails and was very disappointed to find out that this was impossible. I also wanted to hang out on the terrace during Saturday - again not possible.
- Staff's reaction was slightly all over the place - everyone was very friendly and apologetic and different people tried to find a solution. Eventually, the hotel's reaction was to provide me with a late check-out until 15:00 on Sunday. I did not find this particularly adequate as hotels are usually not booked Sunday night. So basically, the hotel gave nothing away, but still sold it as a great gesture. I would have much more appreciated if the hotel had invited me for one of the breakfasts or the drinks I have had in the hotel.
- Very friendly, if slightly clueless staff.
- Very nice rooms.
- Particularly good: Bathroom amenities of James Heeley.
- Location excellent for both business and leisure.
Overall, I would stay again, but only if I was certain that the roof terrace could be used (at least in the summer).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Place is an 80-bedroom, luxury hotel in the City of London, just minutes away from Moorgate and Liverpool Street stations. The first hotel from restaurateurs D&D London, South Place Hotel features Conran-designed interiors, 2 restaurants (one of which, the Angler, was recently awarded a Michellin star), 3 bars and 5 private dining and meeting rooms. The hotel is alive with the buzz of local London neighbourhoods, including Silicon Roundabout at Old Street; the creative communities of Spitalfields, Shoreditch and Hoxton, as well as the chic and sharp energy of the Square Mile. The staff are young and vibrant, passionate about ensuring guests have a warm welcome and a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your South Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Place Hotel London, England