Tripadvisor
London

“Great service from Shannon”
Review of The Banc

Ranked #63 of 26,737 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fabio and Jan opened the doors of The Banc in 2011 - reclaiming it's status on West Green Road (it used to be a former Barclays Bank), which inspired the restaurants name and renovating it with love and care to add some much needed pizazz to the area. A Burger & Steakhouse Restaurant with a touch of fine dinning and a labour of love for two young men, two local boys who went to the local school opposite the restaurant and decided to give something back to their community. Beautifully layout out over 2 floors, The Banc has an opened kitchen, contemporary decoration with hints of pearl white and red walls on one level and a black and white theme on the upper level which is superbly decadent and romantic. Fabio & Jan pride themselves on fabulous fresh cooked food, friendly, passionate and personal service. You will always see them either at the restaurant or outdoor lounge entertaining their guests. At The Banc the freshest produce, fish and matured meat are combined with the highest quality ingredients in order to create mouth watering dishes with unique presentation. With such fascinating dishes there is also a credible wine list and home-made desserts. We welcome your visit and hope to earn your repeated custom. Fabio & Jan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Big shout out to Shannon. She was really friendly and welcoming. She was very helpful with the menu. Would definitely want to be served by her again.

2  Thank nemok341
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nemo,

Thank you kindly for your review. Shannon is a new addition to our team and settling down well, therefore it is so encouraging to read such positive feedback.

Will ensure she is made aware of your review and hope to welcome you back in the foreseeable future.

Fabio Teixeira

Write a reviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed January 23, 2020

Sofia really looked after us today. She provided a quick service catering to all our needs! Really really happy with her service!! Will be coming back for more!!

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Thank you the banc!we been yestarday afternoon when was not to bussy...very polid stuff,amazing service the food is excellent and don't forget about cocktails..Old fashion Banging,one of the best what I hade In London (I'm whiskey drinker).highly recomand

Reviewed January 18, 2020

We got serve by Shannon and she was on point we didn’t even had to ask for anything she was always nearby
Good service

3  Thank 69clementd
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Dear Dru,

Thank you for your amazing review and acknowledging Shannon. She is developing into an amazing waitress and I am so pleased you enjoyed your evening. Thank you and I hope to welcome you back in the foreseeable future.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Myself and my husband went to this venue, based on the photos online of their dishes .
In reality ,disgusting .
I’m pregnant ,therefore I’ve ordered a beef burger well done with no mayo ,mentioning that I’m expecting a baby .
The food came in a timely manner ,however the two requests were not honoured ,as I received a burger with mayo and instead of well done ,it was medium .
Kindly asked for it to be replaced ,to which the waitress replied ‘ someone doesn’t pay attention today ‘ . The new dish arrived , again ,medium ,and having to mention that apart from the bun and 3 beef patties ,there was not nothing else inside . Not to mention that for the price of your burgers ,you don’t get any side ,that come at an extra cost ,
At this stage ,I was becoming sick and decided to have some of the grill that my husband had.
When the waitress came to check If everything was ok , I’ve showed her again the burger and expressed my disappointment ,to which she Said she is sorry to hear that and asked if I wanted take away.....
At the end of the evening ,our check came and it was 90£ .(the burger was not removed from the bill ,although I’ve asked and having to mention it was barely touched ) .
The empty glasses from our table were ‘ screaming ‘ to be collected and no one bothered to remove them ,but you don’t forget to apply the service charge .
I’m sorry ,but I actually work in hospitality, and never provided / received this type of service.

If you are looking to be treated in this manner ,go and pay them a visit.
Personally Never coming back .

2  Thank AndreeaMnml
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Andrea,

Firstly, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies as clearly there has been a breakdown of communication with the floor and the kitchen, which I can only at this stage apologise for.

At The Banc we have a protocol for order taking, especially if a customer mentions ' `Pregnant or Pregnancy' in which our waiters recommend certain dishes and most importantly communicate with the kitchen via the till. The word (Pregnant) should be clearly typed on the system and reflected on the one receipt for the chefs, one for our food runners and the desired food choice to be thoroughly cooked.

I am by no means disputing your feedback but our beef burgers do not come out medium, standard cooking process is Medium - Well and Well Done only, as it is minced beef. Perhaps some part of the burger may have been slightly under medium well yet this should not have happened. To make matters worst your request to have this rectified was not actioned appropriately for the second time which is very unusual at my restaurant but nonetheless it has happened. I would very much appreciate if you could kindly email me fabio@thebanc.co.uk with the date, time and potentially a picture of the receipt and your burger (if you took it) as I would like to speak to the members of staff on the day and look at our cctv footage.

Upon speaking and showing your review to all our staff, unfortunately there is not recollection of such incident which no senior, manager or chef is aware.

Clearly training is required and I sincerely apologise again on behalf of The Banc and my team. I assure you this is not the standard of our restaurant and you would be helping me immensely by kindly emailing me with the details above.

I would also like to invite you back with your husband and showcase what a great restaurant and what a great team we have here. I eagerly await your reply.