“Another amazing dinner at the one and only banc!”
Review of The Banc

The Banc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Banc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #487 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fabio and Jan opened the doors of The Banc in 2011 - reclaiming it's status on West Green Road (it used to be a former Barclays Bank), which inspired the restaurants name and renovating it with love and care to add some much needed pizazz to the area. A Burger & Steakhouse Restaurant with a touch of fine dinning and a labour of love for two young men, two local boys who went to the local school opposite the restaurant and decided to give something back to their community. Beautifully layout out over 2 floors, The Banc has an opened kitchen, contemporary decoration with hints of pearl white and red walls on one level and a black and white theme on the upper level which is superbly decadent and romantic. Fabio & Jan pride themselves on fabulous fresh cooked food, friendly, passionate and personal service. You will always see them either at the restaurant or outdoor lounge entertaining their guests. At The Banc the freshest produce, fish and matured meat are combined with the highest quality ingredients in order to create mouth watering dishes with unique presentation. With such fascinating dishes there is also a credible wine list and home-made desserts. We welcome your visit and hope to earn your repeated custom. Fabio & Jan
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

As a regular to The Banc it's only fair that I share my experience. I have been dinning here for 18 months and the level of service and food remains consistently high. Menu is changeable yet as a Lamb Chops lover I always order the same. It's amazing because the waiters do not give me a menu anymore and the chefs know my order. Best Lamb chops around.

2  Thank evantiam

Dear Evantiam,

First and foremost thank you for what has been a great 18 months of regular visits and interaction with you. As a regular you have witnessed the evolution and transition of The Banc Restaurant, yet if there are two factors that we endeavour to not change but improve, one being the quality of our food and second, our professionalism and work ethic toward our customers.

Luckily for you the Lamb Chops are on the fixed menu yet I do urge you to try some of our other dishes which like the Lamb Chops are likely to send your taste buds out of control.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Went on a solo mission to this little gem on a weekday: I had the warm goat cheese salad and the gnocchi with squash as main, everything was prepared in front of my eyes (open kitchen), the ingredients were fresh, the presentation was impeccable, the flavours to die for. It is rare to find such genuine taste in London these. I woul definately reccomend this restaurant and will certenly come back for more. A particular thank goes to the waiters, Ruth and Marcio, and the chef Mara, who were all so friendly ( but professional at the same time), to make me forget I went solo!

1  Thank marta g

Dear Marta G,

Thank you for your honest and highly descriptive review. As an open kitchen restaurant, we believe in hygiene, presentation and customer interaction. All our dishes are prepared and cooked freshly hence the array of flavours which you have so kindly stated were to 'die for'. That is a beautiful compliment in which we are ever so thankful for.

We sincerely hope to see you again at The Banc, whether be on a solo mission or accompanied, The Banc team will do what it does best, provide you with quality professional service, impeccably cooked and presented food and an overall experience which is indeed to 'Die For'.

See you again very soon and on behalf of Ruth, Marcio & Chef Mara, thank you.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Banc restaurant few times and every time I have been here I have been surprised with food and service. The staff make me feel so comfortable, especially Ruth who really looked after me. I had a BBQ burger at the garden and I can say this place has the best burgers around. The menu changes every month which is appealing to me as I like to try new things. Shisha was very good aswell and it's the perfect place to relax.

1  Thank travellerliveblue

Dear Yasmin Con

Thank you for reviewing The Banc Restaurant. At The Banc, our team aims to continuously provide excellent service and we are very proud that you have acknowledged Ruth within your review. The beauty of The Banc with its monthly changeable menu is to give frequent customers such as yourself different dishes to indulge in every month.

We currently have our 'House Burger' on the menu which is slow roasted lamb shoulder on burger bun with red cabbage & home-made chilli coleslaw. It is an absolute treat and we are soon launching a 'Burger Day' at the restaurant.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I don't usually review the same place twice however on this occasion I will.

Firstly I would like to compliment Claudia, she's so friendly and such a pleasure to talk to. Every time I visit she always goes out of her way to look after me and my friends.
As a customer I like it when food and customer service is consistent.
The Banc already had a 5* customer service but to be honest it's got even better. Each and every time I visit it just keeps getting better and better even in the shisha garden. Some weeks when I can't visit due to work the staff and owners always ask where have I been, it's something so small but the gesture is really appreciated.

I've tried the new menu and I've enjoyed every dish that I've tried, amazing flavours and very good sized portions. I'm looking forward to the new menu coming out soon I hope they bring back my favourite dishes (lamb fillets & chicken thigh steaks).
Overall everything at The Banc is impeccable, I just hope fellow diners check this place out soon as this is one of London's finest restaurants.

Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Badrul Miah

Thank you kindly for your second Excellent review of The Banc. We are so pleased that as a regular customer you appreciate all that The Banc Family has to offer.

We believe in consistency throughout, and as a regular to both the restaurant and the outdoor lounge we are pleased that you consistently receive high levels of service.

Sadly Claudia is no longer with us, yet she always mentioned what a pleasure it was to look after your table. I will personally pass on your compliments to her and have now challenged The Banc Team to take over from her and continue to deliver excellent service.

If memory serves me right you requested that we bring the famous lamb fillets and chicken thigh steaks back to the menu. Well I am pleased to tell you that they are both back on the outdoor lounge.

Thank you for being such a great and appreciative customer, we are delighted that you continue to be with us and equally we continue to please you with our food, service and shisha.

Thank you for such a great compliment and as always look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Booked the banc for my fathers birthday. Reservation on the phone was excellent, automatic request if special occasion and asked for my dads name so the musician can play happy birthday! Already the experience felt great. On the night had prawn skewers, soup and salmon parcels which were superb followed by tagliatelle, sirloin and lamb shoulder. All dishes wonderfully cooked and presented. After our meal without any hint a small chocolate cake pops up to a live happy birthday song! I was just as surprised as he was! What a wonderful gesture by the banc! Excellent service throughout could not have been better! I love this place and I am sure most people will. Thank you so much banc

Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Claire_MJ0987

The Banc Family would like to thank you for booking with us for such a special occasion and we are thoroughly delighted that your experience was memorable from start to finish.

We have live jazz played at The Banc every Friday and Saturday which means special birthday mentions are always welcome.

We are pleased you have enjoyed our food and service, the surprise cake and birthday song is only a small token of our appreciation to you for booking with us.

Thank you kindly for your recommendation and we sincerely hope to welcome you again in the near future.