“Lovely Food, Great Service”
Review of The Banc

The Banc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Banc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #750 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fabio and Jan opened the doors of The Banc in 2011 - reclaiming it's status on West Green Road (it used to be a former Barclays Bank), which inspired the restaurants name and renovating it with love and care to add some much needed pizazz to the area. A Burger & Steakhouse Restaurant with a touch of fine dinning and a labour of love for two young men, two local boys who went to the local school opposite the restaurant and decided to give something back to their community. Beautifully layout out over 2 floors, The Banc has an opened kitchen, contemporary decoration with hints of pearl white and red walls on one level and a black and white theme on the upper level which is superbly decadent and romantic. Fabio & Jan pride themselves on fabulous fresh cooked food, friendly, passionate and personal service. You will always see them either at the restaurant or outdoor lounge entertaining their guests. At The Banc the freshest produce, fish and matured meat are combined with the highest quality ingredients in order to create mouth watering dishes with unique presentation. With such fascinating dishes there is also a credible wine list and home-made desserts. We welcome your visit and hope to earn your repeated custom. Fabio & Jan
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, Great Service”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Living locally I have been here a couple of times. This has to be the best restaurant in the area, the food is great as is the service. The menu has changed recently but it is varied and very well cooked. The choice of dessert is now a lot better. I would recommend The Banc to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear 882David,

It is always a pleasure to have a local reviewer. The Banc thoroughly loves serving the very best of Tottenham and to be given such a great compliment as 'being the best restaurant in the area' is one we cannot thank you enough for.

The menu has changed a few times to ensure that on every visit, something new, captivating and exciting is available to choose from.

The desserts have improved, yet we will be making our own desserts in-house from the next menu as they proved to be a hit when served for Valentines Day.

Thank you recommending The Banc and we eagerly await your next visit.

Best Regards

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food With Excellent Customer Services”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

By far one of the best restaurants I have been to in a while. The food was fantastic, I myself got a T-Bone Steak which was great value for money, at first I was skeptical in having a steak dish from somewhere I was unfamiliar with and normally the more pricey the steak the better (Goodmans, Tramshed, ect.) but that wasn't the case here.

The service was second to none, I was served by a Cladia and Ricardo who were very pleasant and very tentative.

Although I eat non halal good, this was also a plus due to the facts I can bring friends and colleagues here, the sheesha garden in the back was also pleasant and a nice way to relax and converse after a very satisfying meal

• Visited March 2014
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Arran P,

What excellent comments to read. We are overjoyed to hear we are one of the best restaurants you have dined in for some time.

We take great pride in our dishes, especially our T-Bone and Sirloin Steaks which are always matured for up to 28 days. Goodmans and Tramshed serve excellent steaks and to be mentioned in the same category is a huge compliment.

A steak always tastes better when the service is of excellent quality. We are happy that both Ricardo and Claudia delivered on the night to make your experience memorable.

Again in regards to our garden which is now fully heated, we strive to keep consistent high levels of service both in the restaurant and indeed in the garden. It is satisfying to know you and your guests enjoyed both.

As a steak lover, I urge you to return in mid-April for our new menu which will have 'Venison Steak', believe me it is mouth watering.

London, United Kingdom
“Dissatisfied with the prices. Becomes too expensive”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm disappointed with continuous changes of the menu, poor range of food, portions becoming much smaller and prices going up at least 40% since my last visit. Food quality has changes and not up to standards.
Will have to think again if I go to visit. Service brilliant as always.

• Visited March 2014
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Londoner123498,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am sorry to hear your thoughts regarding our continuous menu changes, portion sizes and price increases.

Although our menu changes regularly, our Head Chef continuously adds dishes that compliment previous ones. Our menu changes are in no way radical as to completely change our cuisine or indeed our identity.

Indeed our menus have changed twice already this year and it has proven to be a success thus far. Our vision has always been to give our customers the very best of Mediterranean cuisine with many twists, whilst also adding European and Contemporary dishes to spoil our customers with choice.

Our quality is reflected in our price. The Banc does not compromise on quality, hence why are meat is always matured and our fish is always fresh.

The Banc is aware of its demographics and also its target market, if you read our reviews, most travellers state that our food is actually excellent value for the quality presented before them.

We believe the quality of the food has improved and the portion sizes are sufficient to make the meal memorable and enjoyable.

Please do get in touch with me, I would appreciate to hear your thoughts and concerns in person and perhaps give you an insight on why our menu continuously changes and the effort taken into assembling our new dishes.

We are pleased that you have found our service to be brilliant and would most definitely like to earn your custom again.

Please do get in touch,

Best Regards

“Superb food!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Wow! Superb food at the banc. Visiting from hayes we wanted mediterranean food and this restaurant was highly ranked. Did not disapoint, great starters and dishes yet must state that the t-bone and sirloin steaks were superb, arguably two of the best I have tasted. Special mention to ricardo really made the night memorable. We hope to come back if back in the area. Thanks banc

• Visited February 2014
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Mani S,

What great comments to read! We are delighted that you enjoyed our dishes especially our steaks. We have somewhat of a reputation for our steaks as they are all matured, always well seasoned and perfectly cooked.

Thank you for praising Ricardo, being around your table on the evening I could clearly see that not only did he host you well but made you and your family laugh all the way to the car, hence why I can agree with your night being indeed 'memorable'.

We hope to welcome you again, Hayes is quite a distance, yet I'm sure it will once again be worth the trip.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Everything!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Went to The Banc last night with my partner. We live locally but have never dined in the area.
We decided to go last minute and didn't really have any expectations.

The service first of all was instantly warm and genuine. Our waitress in particular, Claudia, was especially fantastic. Attentive, charismatic and professional.

Our food was amazing, you could be forgiven for forgetting you were in Tottenham. Our meat was cooked perfectly and the quality superb. Pudding was amazing! Along with the decor, amazing staff and service, this is dining out as it should be!

All in all I have no complaints. My only regret is that I haven't been there sooner! I will be back, with friends and family!

Visited March 2014
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Achala W,

Thank you dearly for reviewing The Banc and equally a special thank you for giving The Banc a chance. We appreciate and value our locals and truly believe we have flourished due to the continuous support received from our local community.

We are pleased that you found the service warm and genuine, it always makes the experience more memorable when you combine excellent, attentive and charismatic service with perfectly cooked and presented dishes.

Claudia is on an excellent run of form. She is so proud of what she does that it is showcased through her service. She is a much valued member of our wonderful waiting team and she is on course for the prestigious 'Employee of the Month' award.

In regards to your regret, do not worry, we are here with monthly changeable menus which are sure to keep you coming back for more.

Dining out just got even better!