“Absolutely fantastic food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Banc

The Banc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Banc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #848 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fabio and Jan opened the doors of The Banc in 2011 - reclaiming it's status on West Green Road (it used to be a former Barclays Bank), which inspired the restaurants name and renovating it with love and care to add some much needed pizazz to the area. A Burger & Steakhouse Restaurant with a touch of fine dinning and a labour of love for two young men, two local boys who went to the local school opposite the restaurant and decided to give something back to their community. Beautifully layout out over 2 floors, The Banc has an opened kitchen, contemporary decoration with hints of pearl white and red walls on one level and a black and white theme on the upper level which is superbly decadent and romantic. Fabio & Jan pride themselves on fabulous fresh cooked food, friendly, passionate and personal service. You will always see them either at the restaurant or outdoor lounge entertaining their guests. At The Banc the freshest produce, fish and matured meat are combined with the highest quality ingredients in order to create mouth watering dishes with unique presentation. With such fascinating dishes there is also a credible wine list and home-made desserts. We welcome your visit and hope to earn your repeated custom. Fabio & Jan
Hayes, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

One of the best restaurants I have been to in a while! The food was absolutely appetising! I cannot express how amazed I was at the service.
Claudia especially was brought to my attention! If you do go. Ask for her to wait your table you will not be disappointed!

The area was a little disappointing given the reputation of the restaurant!

Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Miah199,

Thank you kindly for your review. It really delights us to know you had a pleasant experience at The Banc.

It is always delightful to hear praises of our waiting team. Claudia prides herself on giving the best possible service with a smile and a touch of humour. We are glad you enjoyed both our dishes and indeed Claudia's service. I will mention your praises to her at our next brief.

Sorry to hear your views on the area. It is being re-generated along with Seven Sisters and I can assure you in a few years it will be flourishing.

We sincerely appreciate your review and along with Claudia eagerly await your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
“What a lovely surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Came in for a quick coffee and meal. The service is awesome, they put a smile on my cappuccino and my face! (see picture!) Lovely food, and price was very reasonable. Check it out if you're in the area!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Matt Mcleod80,

Thank you kindly for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your coffee and meal at The Banc.

Claudia personally looked after your table and put the smile on your cappuccino which led to the massive smile on your face.

Thank you for your review and your recommendation.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future for more smiley cappuccinos.

“Top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

As local residents we've been coming here since it opened a couple of years ago. The food has always been nice and the service has always been fantastic, however the new menu and food quality this evening was really superb - really tasty and rich. Highly recommended!

Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Martin S,

Thank you kindly for your review. It has been awhile since your last visit and since then we have changed our menu several times.

Your actual booking day was the first launch of our new February/March Menu and we are ever so pleased you enjoyed your dishes.

Both Jan and I enjoyed speaking with you on the night and hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards

“was treated so poorly ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

we are new to turnpike lane and london! and hadn't been to many Shisha lounges and were recommended to go to banc Shisha lounge.

we turned up to the lounge quite late however, we had around an hour to have our Shisha.
we had just left the local burger shop and had some burger and chips left over. but yes anyway.

we ordered the Shisha, it came and it was very harsh, we told the man and he said he'll fix it and then he tried his best and then said he'll go call someone to sort it out. he took his time but he came back with more coal and said I'll try and fix it. Then he said I don't think the Shisha is made right, so we said ok, well can you sort it out because f you're saying it's not made right then surely it needs changing. he said I'll go and speak to the boss about it, I can't give a new one. then he said the boss wasn't in... we said ok if we can't have a new one ( we hardly used that! ) we said can we have some kind of discount. ( bare in minds we are students and didn't have much of it)

then he returns with someone who I think was the boss, I think he was bald and very built. he spoke to us with such disrespect we were left speechless.
He said what is it that i can help you with? we were like oh the Shisha isn't right the waiter also said it wasn't made right, he said are you trying to get away with paying? We were like no, we just want him to sort it or maybe give some sort of discount. we have hardly used it. he said you know what you are disrespectful coming to my lounge with food? When you know we have a restaurant? We were baffled. I said we didn't yknow we couldn't bring it, and we only had some left over so brought it along.
Then he said you're students you should know the Shisha lounge culture, it's rude to bring food. We said were sorry we are new to the area, we didn't mean to cause offence. Then he was walking away and said just pay what you want and go? Then he said actually never come back you're barred.

We paid full price for the Shisha to show that it wasn't about the money. in all honesty we were totally gobsmacked about what happened, even to this day. Each time I go past the place I just laugh, because I can't believe what happened there.

the waiter was lovely, he was helpless and couldn't do much. But the bald guy who I presume was the owner or the manager really upset us all.

I am not here to defame them in anyway, I just hope someone from the place reads this and realises what they did that day was very wrong. I hope no one else is treated as unjustly as we were.

2 Thank rosa_naghav
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Rosa_Naghav

Thank you for your review. I have spoken to Jan and equally all staff at the garden to find out exactly what happened on your visit.

These events took place in the region of roughly 4-5 months ago therefore I'm rather disappointed its taken this long for your review to be posted.

We do have policies which are enforced, one of them being no food or drinks purchased from outside The Banc are allowed within the premises. If a member of The Banc had identified this upon your arrival we would have notified you of this but unfortunately it was not therefore we brought it to your attention once noticed.

In regards to your shisha being harsh, I can only apologise as we do at all times check, fix and if necessary replace shishas if they are not 100%. A member of management did approach you after being told that you and your guests were threatening to leave without paying your bill, we are not sure as to why you made this comment as we were more than happy to change your shisha. For the benefit of all travellers I would like to state that management on the night re-enforced all policies which I will clarify are:

*Strictly over 21's only,
*No food or drinks purchased externally may be consumed at The Banc,
*1 shisha between 2 guests at all times,
* 2 hour policy per table

Management acknowledged you by stating that 'you can pay what you believe the experience was worth' or 'actually do not pay and kindly vacate the premises'. We received various complaints from other customers that you and your guests were very loud and using foul language. Upon management returning to your table both yourself and your guests became verbally aggressive, rude and patronising.
At this point management made a decision to ask you to leave and effectively prohibit you from returning to The Banc as the alcohol consumption was excessive which may have led to your rather disturbing behaviour.

If you take some time out to read our reviews about shisha from various sites, you will see that we are a venue that enjoys looking after our customers, provide excellent shishas and provide restaurant like service which is very rare at shisha lounges. Yet unfortunately with your table this proved challenging as you were all young students whom brought 'chicken & chips' from outside into the venue, got heavily intoxicated, threatened to leave without paying and to finalise actually asked for a discount.

I can see from your review that at times you come past The Banc, we would be very happy to accommodate you and show you what type of service we pride ourselves on. If you and your guests felt disrespected it was not the intention of The Banc team.

You are more than welcome to come in and talk to either myself (Fabio) or Jan as we both challenge ourselves to turn negative experiences into positive ones.

We would like to earn your custom again and await your return.

“Enjoyable evening...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We visit the Banc on regular basis as the staff are ever so accommodating! Food is always excellent, menus are always changing which means always something new to try. Love this place, owners and staff do go out of their way to make you happy!

• Visited February 2014
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Bambolina1965,

Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed each and every visit to The Banc.

As you have so notably stated our menus do change every month and I can tell you now that our next menu is one not to miss.
Thank you for your praises of our waiting team, we have built a team that is natural, consistent, professional, accommodating and always smiling. We are pleased these qualities have been reflected in your previous visits and hope to continue in future ones.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon,