“The very best service”
Review of The Banc

The Banc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Banc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #624 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fabio and Jan opened the doors of The Banc in 2011 - reclaiming it's status on West Green Road (it used to be a former Barclays Bank), which inspired the restaurants name and renovating it with love and care to add some much needed pizazz to the area. A Burger & Steakhouse Restaurant with a touch of fine dinning and a labour of love for two young men, two local boys who went to the local school opposite the restaurant and decided to give something back to their community. Beautifully layout out over 2 floors, The Banc has an opened kitchen, contemporary decoration with hints of pearl white and red walls on one level and a black and white theme on the upper level which is superbly decadent and romantic. Fabio & Jan pride themselves on fabulous fresh cooked food, friendly, passionate and personal service. You will always see them either at the restaurant or outdoor lounge entertaining their guests. At The Banc the freshest produce, fish and matured meat are combined with the highest quality ingredients in order to create mouth watering dishes with unique presentation. With such fascinating dishes there is also a credible wine list and home-made desserts. We welcome your visit and hope to earn your repeated custom. Fabio & Jan
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The food was brilliant and the service especially from claudia was exceptional and the rest of the staff was equally brilliant, it was my wifes birthday and valentines day and they managed to fit us in and we got a complimentary ice cream for my wife absolutely brillian. I WILL DEFINATELY BE COMING BACK AGAIN.

1  Thank hamedur
Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Hamedur,

Thank you kindly for your review. Notably, it was a dual celebration due to Valentines Day and your wife's birthday and we are ever so grateful that you chose to spend this memorable day with us.

Special occasions warrant special memories, The Banc Family recognise the importance of these occasions and feel absolutely privileged to be a part and equally play a part in them.

We hope you enjoyed our special Valentines Day Menu, and the complementary ice cream was a small token of our appreciation.

Thank you for your kind comments about Claudia, we value our customers appreciation of our team and I will personally pass on the compliments at our next brief.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Back again to The Banc to try their new menu, and happy to report that we weren't disappointed. Being greedy, we wanted to try everything as it all sounded so good, but in the end we settled for 3 starters and 2 main courses instead.
For starters, we had the lamb & halloumi skewers (superb flavours, the lamb was so tender), fish cakes served with salad and the grilled goats cheese served with walnuts, salad and a honey dressing (delicious). Portion sizes were very good.
For mains, my partner had the lamb shank served with mash and vegetables, whilst I had the pollo Milanese served with herbed pan fried potatoes and vegetables. Again, good portion sizes and every bite was delicious. My partner commented that the lamb shank was so tender, the meat just fell off the bone as he was tucking in.
We decided we had no room left for desserts and then, out of sheer gluttony, we managed to quoff down a milkshake each; the Oreo and the Ferrrero Rocher milkshakes are rich, creamy and every bit as good as I remembered them to be.
As always, great friendly service from our waiter Ricardo and the other serving staff (the lovely Roxie and another nice Italian lady).
Head Chef Aldi and co-owners Jan and Fabio were all present and very hands-on, ensuring that customers were being looked after well.
Looks like we will have to go back to The Banc again soon, so that we can try the rest of the dishes on their new menu. Hooray - I can't wait!

Dear RVJLondon,

Thank you so much again, for a third 5* review of The Banc. The wonders of a changeable menu is that food lovers such as yourself and Brian always return to The Banc to see what is next on offer. It is so pleasing to know that since you have discovered us which I believe goes back to minimum a year now, you are yet to find a fault with our food and service.

We are very proud to have you as a customer and thoroughly enjoy having lengthy conversations about potential dishes and recipes.

Ricardo, Roxie and Claudia absolutely love accommodating you and also enjoy seeing you tuck in to your dishes with that wonderful smile of yours.

Our new menu is nearly complete. I am absolutely certain that as you graciously sampled every dish on Jan/Feb menu, you will also on Feb/Mar menu as it is just as fascinating.

I can see from the diary that you have booked with us for a special occasion and Head Chef Aldi is already planning a surprise for you.

Thank you Ruth, you are truly a pioneer of The Banc.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Extremely impressed with The Banc. Amazing food, quality service and lively atmosphere. Enjoyed a warm aubergine salad, king prawns starters and sea bass, lamb chops mains. All dishes well presented, well cooked and served with charisma and smile from waiters. Tottenham needs more Establishments like the banc!

Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Evantiam,

Thank you for what I believe is a second 5 star review of The Banc. It is pleasing to hear that on each occasion you have visited The Banc, it has delivered amazing food and service.

We are glad you enjoyed both starters and mains, the lamb chops happen to be a classic at The Banc and one of my all time favourites.

We continuously strive to deliver consistent and professional service, always with a warm, natural smile and as you have so notably stated, with charisma.

We hope to welcome you back to The Banc very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Being local to the area I had not come across the banc until a friend had mentioned how good it was. Was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the place, excellent choice of dishes and definitely top class service.

Will be returning in near future, a must try.

Fabio-Jan, Owner at The Banc, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Anne Burton,

Thank you for your review. It is always pleasing to see our local community come in to discover The Banc.

We take great pride in keeping the standards of hygiene high at all times whilst also ensuring our dishes are well cooked, well presented and served with the best service possible.

We hope to welcome you back for a second visit.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been meaning to write a review on here for a while. I don't normally do reviews for restaurants, but The Banc definitely deserves one!

I've visited The Banc a few times now, and each time the food and service have been great! The fact that I travel all the way from South London shows you how good it is! The atmosphere, food and service are top notch. Another great thing about The Banc is that the owners are very visible, and are genuinely nice guys. I would like to congratulate both Jan and Fabio on having a fantastic place. I will be back very soon, as I cant wait to taste the new menu!
The Banc is definitely my favourite place to eat in London!

Dear Shonelle,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write such a delightful review. We humbly appreciate the review and further appreciate your efforts to get to The Banc, all the way from South London.

It is always delightful to hear when guests such as yourself travel from a distance, yet feel that all aspects such as atmosphere, food and service are always to high standards that it makes the journey all but worth it. We are delighted that in each of your visits our service and food as been consistent.

Both myself and Jan enjoy being on the floor to greet, engage in conversation and make sure our guests are always comfortable, again we thank you for your praises but all credit must go to our wonderful team here at The Banc who are equally as passionate about our customers as Jan and I.

We look forward to welcoming you again, our new menu is due out mid-February, please feel free to check our web-site or social media for launch date.

Again, thank you for your custom, your review and efforts taken to travelling to The Banc.