Go Native Hyde Park
$463
$416
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshyde parksussex gardenspaddington stationserviced apartmentwasher and dryerliving areaelectric hobno in room safefully equipped kitchennight porterone bedroom apartmentexpress trainwalkable distancea nice place to stayheat wavethe lower ground floorfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

First of all, I've stayed here for 3 days only. Upon arrival at around 1-ish, the receptionists kept me waiting with another guy in the lobby. I doubt that all rooms were still being serviced by that time. Overall the receptionists were not very friendly. Their website says the rooms are ready for check-in as of 3 PM, but I travel a lot, and it rarely happens that there is no space available. My fellow traveller asked after 2 PM if there really is no room free, and they 'accepted' us checking-in, but one after the other though there were two receptionists. I did not feel very welcome at this place.

Anyhow, once I checked in I got lost with their lifts, but they just kept me wandering around instead of pointing out the right door to my floor.
When I opened the door, the maintenance guy was still changing light bulbs. That's been quite surprising.

I've booked an apartment with extra space, and the layout of the apartment would be great - if they'd keep it clean. It's all basic furniture, nothing fancy, but all you need when travelling for work. But three things I did not like at all:
1) there is carpet everywhere.
2) this carpet has a lot of visible, big stains which could easily be brushed off.
3) the sofa beds have the same disgusting stains - and nobody seems to bother.
No idea what this filth is, but I don't really want to know, it's very off-putting.

The bathroom is superficially cleaned - the floor is not exactly clean, same goes for the tiles. You can see toothpaste, cleanser and everything everywhere. The black bathroom floor tiles are worse, and they don't seem to get a decent wipe. Lucky me I always carry flipflops.

It's a shame to see such a central space, that could have easily become a home for a frequent business traveller, so badly maintained.
I rate this space 'average' based on size of the place.
But it deserves a 'poor' for cleanliness.

I will not go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed in the apartment for a short stay and it was really good. The apartment is perfect for both short and long stays and it's centrally located, few steps away from the metro station Paddington.
What I really enjoyed were the separate spaces (bedroom in a separate room) and the cozy living room. Kitchen is fully furbished and there is also the basic to make coffee and tea.
Modern aparthotel and worth the price!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AngiCris
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Really disappointed in this room following the pictures and other reviews. I actually looked for a room a bit bigger and have been stuck in a rabbit hole. Do everything you can to avoid small rooms here. I am a regular traveller and have never stayed in a place so short of space - even to open my luggage.
Plus can hear everything happening above my with creaky floors.
On the plus side, the location is close to Paddington Station.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wintercoat
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have paid 116 £ for a night. Room was large, bed confortable(probably 1,6 x 2 m), small sofa, free wifi. Iron.

Everything is very clean

Small kitchen. I did not use it but can be very practical for breakfast (not included and no restaurant in the hotel). Or if you are here for tourism and want to save on some lunch/dinner.

Only issue is that it is noisy. Located at a park/roundabout. I am ok with that but if this is a problem for you, you will not support it.

I usually pay around 100 £ in conventional 3 stars hotel that are not clean in this area. This appartments are really 4 stars, with a reception open 24h/7. Thus, pretty much like a hotel !

Room Tip: Probably highest possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property the night before flying to LA for business.

Staying with a colleague, we booked into a 2 bed apartment.

On arrival we met a very friendly reception who gave us our key cards and internet access info.

The apartment is one the top floor and in a isolated part of the building. The apartment was huge and very nicely decorated. Two large double bedrooms, a large living/dining room and large kitchen area with free fresh milk and tea/coffee. The bathroom was also very large with great shower and bath! However, the position of the towel rails was a bit strange and with a tiled floor could be a bit awkward with with wet feet!!

The beds are very comfy and plenty of space for longer stays.

The only real issue I had with this lovely apartment was the wireless internet. As it was such an old building, the signal struggled within the apartment. 3G etc works fine but for longer stays this could be an issue. However, after a quick chat with reception the issue during my stay was quickly resolved!

A lovely location close to Paddington and tube stations as well as a nice 20 minute walk to Oxford Street.

Thoroughly recommended for short break stays, holidays or long business trips!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business