“Small, small, small, small”

Go Native Hyde Park
Ranked #157 of 873 Specialty Lodging in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Small, small, small, small”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Really disappointed in this room following the pictures and other reviews. I actually looked for a room a bit bigger and have been stuck in a rabbit hole. Do everything you can to avoid small rooms here. I am a regular traveller and have never stayed in a place so short of space - even to open my luggage.
Plus can hear everything happening above my with creaky floors.
On the plus side, the location is close to Paddington Station.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wintercoat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Bouc Bel Air
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have paid 116 £ for a night. Room was large, bed confortable(probably 1,6 x 2 m), small sofa, free wifi. Iron.

Everything is very clean

Small kitchen. I did not use it but can be very practical for breakfast (not included and no restaurant in the hotel). Or if you are here for tourism and want to save on some lunch/dinner.

Only issue is that it is noisy. Located at a park/roundabout. I am ok with that but if this is a problem for you, you will not support it.

I usually pay around 100 £ in conventional 3 stars hotel that are not clean in this area. This appartments are really 4 stars, with a reception open 24h/7. Thus, pretty much like a hotel !

Room Tip: Probably highest possible.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property the night before flying to LA for business.

Staying with a colleague, we booked into a 2 bed apartment.

On arrival we met a very friendly reception who gave us our key cards and internet access info.

The apartment is one the top floor and in a isolated part of the building. The apartment was huge and very nicely decorated. Two large double bedrooms, a large living/dining room and large kitchen area with free fresh milk and tea/coffee. The bathroom was also very large with great shower and bath! However, the position of the towel rails was a bit strange and with a tiled floor could be a bit awkward with with wet feet!!

The beds are very comfy and plenty of space for longer stays.

The only real issue I had with this lovely apartment was the wireless internet. As it was such an old building, the signal struggled within the apartment. 3G etc works fine but for longer stays this could be an issue. However, after a quick chat with reception the issue during my stay was quickly resolved!

A lovely location close to Paddington and tube stations as well as a nice 20 minute walk to Oxford Street.

Thoroughly recommended for short break stays, holidays or long business trips!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Skg79
Brisbane
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Forget this one unless you pay lots for your room. My bathroom at home is bigger than our entire space here. The best thing about this hotel will be leaving it. Mini double bed with canvas headrest up against heater which will work only when set at 30C. No chair to sit on only a bed or the loo. Full size mirror, trash can and TV. One point is for the bathroom which is okay. I usually take no notice of bad reviews but the negatives here are accurate.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere, do not choose cheapest option.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelensTravel

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a one night. Room 106 worked well for us. Double bed, not a huge room but not as small as we expected after seeing some previous reviews. Room was well equipped and nicely furnished. I imagine you could live there comfortably but in reality we spent very little time in room as we were out partying, and then, the only downside for us was the 10 am checkout. Had a couple of large windows with views over gardens. London traffic passes these windows so if you're a light sleeper it may not be for you but we liked it. Great location, short walk from Paddington and Hyde Park. We will return for a longer stay next time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeteToon
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Over the past three months I have stayed a number of times, usually 3 nights a week. I have always stayed in hotels for my business travel, but a friend recommended I try serviced apartments, as it is usually cheaper and gives you a more homely feel. I stayed in both classic and premium studios, the premium being bigger with more living space. However, saying that the classic was cheaper so was still a good size for what I paid (bigger than most hotel rooms) and I really liked the fact that I could cook my own meals as there is a fully equipped kitchen, as I don't always want to eat out when staying away. The premium has a sofa which was great, as it is nice to be able to sit and watch tv in comfort. The staff onsite were very helpful, I did struggle to get the tv to work at first and thought it was not working, but after the man from reception came up and had a look it turned out that I was not holding the on button long enough. The fact that there is someone there 24 hrs a day is also really good. I would recommend this for anyone that currently uses hotels for business travel, I will definitely continue to do so.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John B
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Booked a studio for a 2-day stay. Was surprised by the size, W/D, dishwasher, and half-sized fridge. It's within walking distance of Paddington train station and the Lancaster Gate metro station which made it super easy and convenient to visiting the sites of London. Great value! The service was just ok, seemed a little disorganized, and one lady preferred scowling to smiling. All in all a wonderful stay though!

• Stayed October 2013