Go Native Hyde Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$271
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$157
$125
$459
$444
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshyde parksussex gardenspaddington stationserviced apartmentwasher and dryerliving areaelectric hobno in room safefully equipped kitchennight porterone bedroom apartmentexpress trainwalkable distancea nice place to stayheat wavethe lower ground floorfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Website is totally deceiving , photos show stunning spacious appartments when in fact we got an apartment that slept four which was stuffy and cramped. There were only two chairs at the table, a sofa bed and a small airless bedroom and bathroom. This apartment is so over priced and for one night stay we wish we had got a last minute booking in a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Guest Services G, Manager at Go Native Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hi Beth H,

Thank you very much for providing us with a candid review of your stay; I’m very sorry that your experience left you feeling dissatisfied – that was never our intention and I hope I can provide you with some responses to the issues you raised. The leisure market in London doesn’t cater well at times for families; you end up with the option of interconnecting rooms or small suites – both of which come at a huge cost. We wanted to respond to the lack of options for families and so decided to fit out some of our apartments with sofa beds. The demand for this became so high that we placed sofa beds in some of our apartments that on reflection were not appropriately sized for you to ‘live’ in. Serviced Apartments offer on average 30% more space than a hotel; we know this cannot be compromised and on the back of your review, we’re now working through our apartments one by one to understand which can accommodate a sofa bed and still keep a good amount of living space, and those which can not. The design of Hyde Park differs from floor to floor and room to room, it can be challenging to always provide you with the specific photo of your specific apartment; but you felt you didn’t receive what you had researched and that’s not ok.

We’re making some changes to the way in which we advertise our properties, particularly the imagery of our apartments, I’m confident we can do much better here and I hope you’ll revisit us one day to tell us what you think following those changes.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very disappointing - take a ticket and get treated like cattle.
Next time I'll be using one fine stay! Booked a premium o e bedroom apartment but they gave us a studio - with 2 kids for five nights- they didn't care one but!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Nant1821

Dear Nant,

I’m really sorry to hear you felt so badly mistreated on your recent stay with us and I’d very much like to investigate what happened in depth. In order for me to do that I’d be very grateful if you could supply with some further details about your stay, the exact dates, your full name etc so that I can provide you with an appropriate response. You can supply those details to hello@gonative.com. Thank you.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

In April this year my husband and I booked and paid the full amount for the sussex gardens apartment for 5 nights in June, through booking.com.
When en route in Dubai we phoned and asked if we could extend one night. They informed us they had moved us to Fulham rd. We wouldnt have known until we arrived at Sussex gardens after a 23 flight we had been moved.They did not inform us or Booking.com.of the move. They were rude and unhelpful and basically said too bad. We had booked to be near friends who we staying in sussex gardens too.The apartment , in the words of a tradesman who came to fix something, wash"t nearly as nice as the sussex gardens. The Fulham rd apartment was dirty , the bathroom had hairs in it,it was damp,we felt like we were sleeping in a kitchen and it had no security with a back gate,which didnt lock, onto a dingy lane right outside our door . I felt unsafe and entirely the wrong part of London to be near our friends. Booking .com tried hard to find us alternative accommodation but were unable at peak tourist season. Booking.com were as helpful as possible and eventually gave us back $120 which wasnt really much compensation for ruining the week. I didnt really enjoy London, we got the apartment so we could have friends around but as I couldn't stay in this dingy apartment for any length of time,we had to go out even though it was pouring with rain. There was one dining chair and one armchair!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margaret s

Dear Margaret S,

Thank you very much for providing us with a thorough review of your stay with us; this is a terrible experience for you to have had and I’m very sorry to hear about it. Earlier in the year we started to work more with online channels and in doing so increased the volume of bookings coming into our business. We experienced a period of real technical challenges whereby rooms could potentially be oversold for a specific property resulting in us needing to relocate guests to alternative properties in the city. Bookings that are placed through an online travel agent are very often sent to us without any of the guest contact details; whilst we will always endeavour not to relocate people, in the event we need to we would always wish to talk through it with the guest first. The reaction you received when you contacted us was not acceptable; we should have been apologetic and empathetic to your circumstances, even if we were unable to change the outcome. We have put significant changes in place since that time which is resulting in a much improved booking experience for all our guests. I am very sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations and that we negatively impacted time that you had intended to share with friends. I hope we can welcome you back to Go Native in the future.

Kind regards,

Guest Services

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed in a premium one bedroom apartment for a weekend break in the capital.

Requested a quiet room away from the noise and bustle of traffic and was allocated an apartment at the rear with an awful outlook, serves me right I guess!!!!

Everything looked ok on first impression, but on closer inspection. the furniture and overall cleanliness left a lot to be desired.

The ceiling was extremely low in the bedroom and despite having the window open all day and night was uncomfortably warm even in early autumn, heaven knows what it was like during the heat wave in July.

Hugely disappointed, wouldn't stay again and it doesn't come cheap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Covcity4ever
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this stay for the following reasons - (Pro's and Con's):

Pro's:
1) Location is brilliant: Few minutes walk and you're in the Hyde Park - This is a major advantage if you're traveling with kids! Paddington and Lancaster stations are right around the corner which makes traveling through the tube and bus super convenient! Not to mention that there are several convenience stores near by to stock up on some value rations for the family :)
2) The size of the apartment we rented was ok! Not what I expected but ok in UK standards.

Con's:
1) There is no AC in the building! I specifically asked their reservations office about this and I was told there is "Temperature Control" and that we would not feel the heat "if any". Apparently there is no such thing as temperature control - There is a switch and temp knob but it's more like decoration so honestly "I'm very disappointed as this was a deal breaker for me"
2) You are provided with 0 service - You even have to take the trash out yourself, there is no one to take your luggage but the guy at the reception was helpful and helped take it up for us (Seemed more voluntary than doing his job)
3) The hygiene is not that good - Some of the furniture pieces have stains from previous guests and they need some maintenance! The quality of the housekeeping is also poor - they left our dishes as is without cleaning and they are told not to touch anything "which is ok" but not to an extent of not taking an empty plastic bag off a sofa - There is a difference between being cautious and being ridiculous!

Net - I was not entirely satisfied with my stay and with 3 kids we needed extra quality house keeping and being charged 30 sterling's for extra house keeping was plain too much! Lower your expectations if you want to enjoy this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family