“GREAT PUB”
Review of The Tea Rooms

The Tea Rooms
Ranked #698 of 1,420 Coffee & Tea in London
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A vintage Tea Rooms set in the unique 'village' like surroundings of Stoke Newington Church Street, London. Established in August 2007- professional chefs Isabelle and Will aim to create a homely, cosy and informal setting for luxury, handmade afternoon teas. The Tea Rooms is a relaxed alternative to some of London's big hotels. This family run Tea Rooms welcomes you to come and enjoy and indulged in their homemade goodies, some old family recipes along side some much guarded recipes picked up during their years of experience in 5*London Hotels and Michelin stared restaurants. Isabelle and Will look forward to welcoming you for their renowned afternoon tea or just simply for a slice of cake and a pot of delicious loose leaf tea. You are very welcome!
Reviewed June 7, 2017

amazing beers, amazing staff very friendly and nice! highly recommended as the venue is beautiful as well

Date of visit: June 2017
Write a reviewReviews (50)

Reviewed November 1, 2016

Our favourite tea rooms in Stoke Newington has closed down what a shame and a loss to the area. Superb food and knockout breakfasts. Now have to find somewhere else or cook.

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank Bev S
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

So, The Tea Rooms is closing down.
Am I surprised? Not in the least.
It WAS biggest rip-off establishment to ever appear in Stoke Newington.
After the way they treated my disabled mother and us in general and the attitude of the owner when I complained on the phone, their demise was only a matter of time.
I always said, when The Tea Rooms closes down, I want to stand outside and watch their doors close for the last time. Unfortunately, I am working today, so I'll post this on here instead.
Their price for afternoon tea was laughable. At one time, they wouldn't even give you a top-up on your tea and right up until today, they would never give seconds on their curled up and boring sandwiches.
All this, for only £2 less than you would pay in places such as The Wolseley in Piccadilly, where you're treated like a King and with thirds on the excellent sandwiches.
I believe the other reason this place is no more, is because of the opening of The Tea House at The Daniel Defoe, which, although I've yet to try, I'm told is excellent.
So, thank you to The Tea House.
Let this be a lesson to other proprietors of similar establishments, never rest on your laurels and never get so big headed if you become a success, because just as we can walk into your business, we can just as easily walk out and when this happens, like The Tea Rooms, you too will land up in the dustbin of history.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed May 7, 2016

We had my friend's 60th birthday here. Great afternoon tea. We had an iced cake and balloons too. It was fun

Date of visit: June 2015
Isabelle A, Owner at The Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016

Thank you!

Reviewed April 17, 2016

Had an afternoon tea with friends and it was a delight ! The Tea room is really cosy and well decorated. The waitresses were very friendly, informative and most attentive. The tea and cake selection was very varied, the sandwiches were very fresh and tasty, the highlight for me were the freshly baked scones, the clotted cream, strawberry jam and lemon curd. Nobody went away hungry,we even haven't been able to finish it all. Well definitively worth a visit :D

Date of visit: April 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, hope to see you again soon X