“Excellent value and superb service”

The Whitechapel Hotel
Ranked #612 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Excellent value and superb service”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed for one night while in London for a conference. Met by friendly staff where checking in took seconds. Room itself was super. Very good value and comfortable. Food in the restaurant down stairs was very appetising with good and helpful service. Will definitely be using again when next in London.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands
Reviewed December 6, 2012

When we were in London to see the Rolling Stones, we decided to sleep at the Whitechapel. People were very friendly and the place was more than clean. Prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this place to others!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank hotelmodez
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I also would like to share with my experience after staying at the whitechapel hotel, was t i spent there quite nice 3 days, me and my fr syaoriginally booked premier twin room, but we have more luck and had been upgraded to executive twin so it was really nice suprise for us hotel is really modern and clean, beds are comfortable, but are too short, so it is not comforatble for tall people , I decided no to order breakfast because they charge too much for it i also would like to thank reception Girls fro, Poland were wonderful, very helpful, i often came to reception with some inguiries, and they never ignored me borrowed an adaptor They had really good customer service skills, and could go extra miles with the guests

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RITA G
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here overnight on a business trip to London. Couldn't fault the hotel or the staff. It's a tad off the beaten track but a really nice hotel. Couldn't fault the service and the breakfast is superb. Try the orange juice, it's freshly squeezed and taste like sunshine in a glass.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MickeyC0970
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I gotta chance to stay 21/11/2012 . the hotel receptionist name was nasmin she is very roode to me she don't knw how to treat the customer I'm very upset I asked some question she didn't giv me the proper answers and I want to try the break first it was serving downstairs I waiting more than ten mi minutes for the menu. I saw the waiter who was smoking out side when I go down.later the waiter came to me then when he take the order I can feel the cigarette smell. Food was ok but service was very bad. They try to fix these problems other wise not good for new business for me this holiday waste of money I never come back again

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Salihee
Lincoln
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great value for money. We booked an executive double but were upgraded to the penthouse upon arrival. The penthouse is expansive with a decent lounge area and two bedrooms connected via a lockable sliding screen. There is a small kitchen area but we didn't need to use this. Huge TV and very comfy sofas/chairs.

The bed in the main bedroom was very comfortable (one of the best we've experienced). The rooms were quite stuffy when we arrived but the air conditioning worked very well.

Whitechapel tube only approx 5 minute walk.

We had breakfast which is was generally good with freshly squeezed orange juice, toast and fried egg/mushroom/tomato. Coffee also decent.

Cons - there were only two. The shower was either very hot or very cold and I think was malfunctioning. presumably an easy fix. The one gripe for me was the noise from the lift motor room (like a particularly noisy dishwasher clicking on and off). Unfortunately this was most obvious when in the bedroom. Still, the overall package deserves a 5 star rating. We would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard W
Manchester, England
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My company gives us a paltry £100 allowance per room inside central London and so I'm forced to shop around and find the cheapest of deals. I found this hotel on Agoda for less than £90 including breakfast! It's a 5 minute walk from Whitechapel tube (the area is OK and apparently up-and-coming) and from Euston, I just took the Circle line from Euston Square. The room was lovely - comfortable, colourful and with a few quirky touches.

I was ready to give The Whitechapel a glowing review....and then I had the breakfast! The hotel has an in-house restaurant and breakfast is served in the basement. The room was empty and souless and it seemed like it was the man who served me was on his first day! I had hoped for a breakfast buffet as I was running late but everything (tea, toast, cereal, hot food etc) had to be ordered off the menu and after what felt like an age, it all came out at once! The sausages and hash browns were clearly from the freezer and the fried egg, despite being cooked to order, had a stone cold yolk! Very bizarre and it has put me off from returning!

But if you want a nice, modern and reasonably priced hotel, I would definitely recommend The Whitechapel.

PS For the Manager - you need to work on your Google search as your website doesn't feature at all!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business