The Whitechapel Hotel
$217
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$174
  • Room Service
$261
$243
  • Restaurant
All reviewswet roomthe penthousebrick laneroyal london hospitalmuslim runminute walksahara grillnice hotelmini bar in roomcommercial roaddesk spaceair concosta coffeepowerful showersingle roomgreat showerfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is conveniently situated at 5 minutes walk from Whitechapel Underground Station. The area is very multicultural and lively and really near Bricklane and some nice weekend markets. If you prefer a posh neighbourhood this might not be your thing, but we loved it.
Upon arrival our check-in was quickly handled, although we were there before noon, we could have a room ready in 15 minutes.
Rooms are very tastefully designed and made you feel at home, wooden floors, nice shower as well. Mini-bar prices are very reasonable and you have all the comfort you can wish for....but only two things could be better. The beds are small, I am 1m84 and my feet were lying out of the bed...also I was bumping into my partner quite a lot. This made the sleeping comfort not ideal. Also there was not hot water at the sink, which makes it difficult to have a wet shave.
This said, I want to point out that the rooms are very clean. If you are not a difficult sleeper and don't need too much space in bed I would defenitely recommend this hotel. It's great value in a city as London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tjolmen
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my first time at this plush hotel. Not long opened but the service i received was first rate.
I was made to feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The lift was close to the reception desk so well thought out for those with heavy luggage. My room was superb with everything I needed for a wonderful restful nights sleep. The housekeepers cleaned my room daily and it was impeccable. The housekeeper even took my case to the lift for me when i was leaving which has never happened to me anywhere before.
Thank you again to the receptionist with the blonde hair who ordered my taxi and completed my check out she was lovely and very professional. There is also a wonderful Costa Coffee house opposite if you fancy a midday treat. I would certainly highly recommend this hotel to anyonel

Room Tip: I stayed in the Twin Executive as it was the only room available. It was at the front of the building but was very quiet. This was on the Second floor room 2.5.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LlizLizzie_mintLeeds
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Like many other regular visitors to London we were getting fed up of paying the best part of £200 for something not much bigger than a cupboard so we decided to go a little further out than central London, to E1 & we were really pleased that we did.
We rravelled as 3 couples & the rooms worked out at just over £100 per couple. They were ready for us when we arrived at mid day, they were all much larger than we have had previously & my wife & I liked the wet room with a very powerful shower.
The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from Whitechapel tube station & on the Sunday we walked to the markets in Petticoat Lane & Brick Lane.
Thoroughly recommended but you should be aware that the mini bars & indeed the hotel do not serve alcohol - might put some people off but not us, we will go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Got the chance to stay here last weekend as out celebrating our wedding anniversary in the area and wanted to have a night away without the kids!!! The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant "The Sahara" which is on the same floor looked full and buzzing! We went up to our room which was decorated beautifully, I particularly liked the wet room bathroom, and the bed was comfy (very important in my opinion). We had breakfast in the basement restaurant in the morning and we were very well looked after. Would thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After searching the internet for a reasonably priced hotel in the east of london i came across the Whitechapel. I'd never heard of it before but the photos looked nice and the location was great so i thought i'd give it a go. As i checked in staff seemed confused and couldn't find my booking (this occasionally happens when you book through laterooms) so i was told that we would be upgraded to the penthouse. As we stepped out of the lift into our 'room' for the night we both whooped with joy. The penthouse is a huge space, very tastefully designed with a living area, kitchen with everything you could need, beautiful bathroom and 2 good sized bedrooms. I think it's fair to say we were pleased (and a bit gutted we had to leave our apartment to head out for the evening)! The penthouse was very quiet and had great views from the bathroom and bedroom. The sky light had light flooding in which made the place look even more stunning.The beds were super comfy (although i did roast in the winter duvet) and we were impressed with the 2 huge tvs.
The only negatives i had (and this is being very picky) was the lack of bedside tables on both sides, we couldn't get hot water from the shower and it would have been nice to have some kind of welcome pack informing us about check out times, mini bar, etc). All in all The Whitechapel is THE perfect place to stay if you want affordable, super stylish accommodation in the brick lane area.

Room Tip: If you can afford it treat yourself to a night in the penthouse!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple