“Unbeatable for shakes, great side dishes. Pricey.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ed's Easy Diner - Wandsworth - CLOSED

Ed's Easy Diner - Wandsworth
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Unbeatable for shakes, great side dishes. Pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The banana and peanut butter shake is the best shake I have had anywhere in the world. The fries selection is excellent. Burger and hot dogs are good but nothing great. Quite pricey. Make sure you get yourself an eds card to get 10% off.

Love Eds.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

London, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty food but service was poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

After going to Ed's in Central London many years ago and enjoying it, I decided to take my family to this new local offering when they came up to visit me from Dorset.

We arrived at Sunday lunchtime to a queue and waited ten minutes to be seated in one of the booths, there were six of us including two children, the table was a bit too small for us but we managed to squeeze in.

We were handed menus and children's colouring equipment and sheets and were seen too fairly quickly and ordered our food and milkshakes.

I don't know if they were understaffed but it looked like the waitress was not too happy to see us, no smile just average service.

The food was delicious, chilli cheese burgers, hot dogs, hamburgers and fries although I was hoping for proper american fries however they were more like steak cut chips.

The milkshakes are amazing coming out in tin jugs to pour into glasses and the shakes are proper ice cream ones, nice and thick.

Unfortunately the problems arose when the meal finished. We sat and waited and waited and waited for the plates, bowls and cutlery to be taken away. They weren't being taken away for about half an hour we still sat there.

We were completely ignored by members of staff rushing around with miserable faces. It was annoying as we were looking forward to getting dessert menus which were not offered.

The children were getting quite restless and we were all getting increasingly annoyed. I asked one of the waitresses if we could have dessert menus, flustered and irritated with us calling her she rushed over with 4 menus and threw them on top of the dirty dishes and cutlery.

We were hoping she may have cleared the table but she rushed off. So I took the drastic step of becoming a waiter myself and started to clear the dishes, I walked across the restaurant over to the counter top and put them on top, then went back for more dishes and washed the table with a wet wipe.

Other customers noticed this and so did the staff, I think they were shocked when I did this but didn't really offer any help. We still had to wait for a further five minuets before our dessert orders were taken. There was no apology.

Desserts were just as delicious as the main meals especially the pancake stack and waffles and ice cream although one order brought to the table was wrong, it was quickly changed.

We had barely finished the last mouthful of dessert when a waitress came over instantly and cleared everything. She had obviously learned.

The food is excellent but staff and service are poor which is a real shame. The place would have been better if it had a front door and was not opened up as part of the shopping centre like Nando's or the new Prezzo here, too much noise and confusion around which diminishes the fun element of the jukebox's on tables which play music across the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jason R
Island of Gozo, Malta
“Authentic American 50's Flair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

A greasy spoon joint styled after a 1950's American diner. Food is good value, tasty, and promptly served by a friendly staff. Don't count the calories though :-)

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The Ed's in Wandsworth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Finally Ed's Easy Diner have open one branch near me in SW London.
The staff is friendly and the food is quality: great burgers, great sweet potatoes fries, great pancakes with maple sirup and near the cinema ! What else ?

• Visited January 2013