“You need to do this!”
Review of HintHunt

HintHunt
Ranked #4 of 378 Fun & Games in London
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was so much fun! Go with some good mates, have a fun hour and work together.
I didnt know what to expect and it absolutely blew my mind!
Also good for team building at work!
Give it a go!!!
Staff are super friendly as well

TheHintHuntFamily, Guest Relations Manager at HintHunt, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear RachieBaby119,
Thank you for the mind-blowing review. Your comment is full of energy and I'm sure the room was on fire with your team inside. I hope those remaining few more billion people will experience the HintHunt fun too. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed August 7, 2014

This experience was given to us as a Christmas gift. We are a family of four (children aged 13 & 11) I had never heard of hint hunt and didn't really know what to expect! The game was great fun, it got us working together & we managed to solve it- just! As others reviews state you couldn't possibly solve it without the hints but that is the whole point & the hints add to the experience! We would definitely go back again & try the other room! Staff very friendly too! Highly recommend!

1  Thank PVCunn

Dear PVCunn,
Normally the magic is over once you've unwrapped your gift.It sounds like Father Christmas managed to keep the magic secret alive till the very last second this time. :) We are here whenever you are ready for your next HintHunt.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Brilliant fun. Really well thought out and the staff are friendly and well trained. If it was outside of London I might have considered it a touch expensive, but London property and salary costs being what they are ...

Dear Elsarius,
Unfortunately London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, if not the most expensive one. :( It's been challenging to find the sweet spot for everyone and it is great to see you were impressed with the whole HintHunt concept.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best things to do to fill space in a summer holiday and is really enjoyable even if you don't finish it would defiantly recommend it

2  Thank Treehugger69

Dear Treehugger69,
Thank you for your review and recommendation. There are just so many things to do in London during a summer holiday and we are absolutely flattered that we didn’t let you down, and you feel it was worthy to book. ;-)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We (family of four, w/10 and 14 year old) did the main room in July. This game is truly a lot of fun, but it does leave you on a mixed note if you don't solve it (as was the case for us). Although, we were told at the outset that only about half do solve it (despite the impression one might get from the reviews here), so I would not say we were disappointed, just left on less of a high. I wonder what the success percentage is for first-timers; I suspect that even scrambling up the room, it's good to have played this once before to solve it.

As a small critique--I don't think I'm giving anything away (it's obvious from some other reviews anyway, and you're told at the outset) that the "hint" part is as important as the "hunt" part. [There is absolutely *no* way this is solvable in an hour without the hints, but on the other hand they actually add to the game play.] This might be a bit of a problem, since the complexity of the puzzle may lead players to rely a little too much on the hints after awhile; this was the case for us, I think. Also, in our case there was a little real world drama outside that, because of a lack of soundproofing, we took to be part of the game for a bit.

Given all this, I'd still play it again if I had the chance.

5  Thank mattne

Dear mattne,
Glad to know you had fun at HintHunt as that should count only though I'm sorry to hear about your mixed feelings. Our current 2 sets are entirely different, so everybody is a kind of first-timer with a 50% total success rate. :) As you played only 1 of our games, the chance is yours for the other one. I hope to see you leave on the highest note next time.