“Interesting place!”
Review of Lima Fitzrovia

Lima Fitzrovia
Reserve with OpenTable
Lima Fitzrovia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #451 of 24,020 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Modern Style Peruvian Dining. A journey to Peru, from the Coast via the Amazon and to the Andes, our menu offers a variety of flavoursome dishes using Peruvian spices all served by knowledgeable staff in a relax atmosphere. and don't forget to try one of our Pisco Sour before your meal in the bar.
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I went here for my birthday with my boyfriend. Food is really cool and different from other restaurants that I have been to. Food is delicious but the price tag shows it. Service was great too.

1  Thank jasmin s

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was blown away by the food.. The Seabass Ceviche was OUTSTANDING. Much better than the one at the restaurant Ceviche in Soho. The shoulder of black pig was amazing.

I thought the staff was super friendly. Very proud of their food. Very knowledgeable about each dish.

Their cocktail were also very good.

I am going to to this place many many times.

Loved it!

1  Thank yaz3005
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Lima is a hot new restaurant on the London scene. There are a lot of dishes with quinoa which I have a severe sensitivity to but the kitchen were superb and came up with banana flour bread rolls for me which is always a very pleasant surprise as I cant eat the bread normally. I have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants and explained clearly that I cannot tolerate wheat and yet they will still serve it to you with the attitude that as they have gone to all that trouble you should eat it. And I would if I could. My life would be so much easier. Or they take it out of the dish and you left with a sad plate of food which costs a lot of money and nothing close to the original dish. That doesnt happen here. For a gluten-intolerant diner there are lots of choices with corn also featuring in different ways.

We really enjoyed the sea bream cerviche in the Tiger milk, very fresh and a little spicy, Pisco sour cocktails, Lomo steak and Artichoke Amazonia. The lamb shoulder was tender and I tried the Halibut which was delicious. Fabulous presentation and the sauces and garnishes really add a Peruvian twist to perfectly cooked meat and fish.

1  Thank cockneygirl
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Lima in London is a surprise! The restaurant does not have the best decor but not the worst, the food is really exquisite, was there with friends before the theater and everything was very good. I know it got a Michelin star, it is a gem!

1  Thank mundosully
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Lima in December. This was in fact for a client meeting and it was my client who had chosen the venue, on a recommendation from someone else, so I didm't really do any research beforehand.

From the outside, the restaurant looks like a small cafe, but inside it is quite a lot larger, though we sat in the front portion, which has a 'coffee shop' feel to it.

I had never eaten South American cuisine before, let alone Peruvian. I started with the excellent Amazonian Artichokes, which were divine. The favours were very complex, with quite a light and fruity taste to the various sauces that came with the artichoke, but overlaid by a strong and warming spiciness that did not strike till afterward. I liked this dish very much and the layering of flavours was very effective. My main course was a gorgeous bit of beef, done with a number of additions and a similar complexity of flavour. The beef itself was a very nice cut and cooked beautifully rare, so it was as tender as butter and the flavours were wonderful.

Service was very friendly and attentive and it almost felt like popping round to a family member for lunch!

Needless to say, I would recommend Lima to anyone seeking something a bit different for lunch or dinner and would very happily travel back there to sample more of the wonderful cuisine and hospitality.